Chapter 31

We continued driving down the street in silence for a bit before Hyunjin spoke. 

"I planned on dropping you off and then going to work, I don't really have time to drive back to the house," he started, "I'm going have to take you later on my lunch break."

I nodded not wanted to cause any more trouble for him. I could explain how grateful I was about what he just did for me. It didn't register that having to wait until his lunch break meant I would be going to his office once again. 

I started to think about the last time I was here. The way we looked at each other. I still remember the butterflies I felt in my stomach. I remembered the big luxurious building and all of the well dress people inside, including Hyunjin. 

Soon enough we came up on the tall 8-story building that was mostly glass. I saw people waiting outside the building once again. Just for a glance at Hwang Hyunjin in the flesh. Before it was intimidating and it still is but now I also felt slightly amused. These people were satisfied just seeing him for the split second it takes to walk into a building and I saw him literally every day. I've been in his bedroom. 

Before, it kind of just felt like I was the person standing next to Hyunjin. Now I feel more like the person standing with Hyunjin. The thought that we had gotten closer made me happy. I was able to forget about Hunho for a second as I occupied my mind with these idle thoughts.

"Let's go" Hyunjin said as he parked the car in front of the building, which would be moved by the valet the moment we were out of it. 

I nodded and got out of the car and Hyunjin walked around the car to meet me. He handed his keys to a man that hurried over to us. 

"Good morning Insung" Hyunjin greeted. 

The man smiled and greeted him back. I was happy to know that Hyunjin took the time to learn the names of all his staff members. They were just people to be ordered around. 

Girls squeals could be heard on the sidewalk in front of the front doors. When they saw me some of them gave me looks and some seemed excited. We made our way through them all. 

"Hyunjin and Jeongin are so Handsome!" A girl yelled. 

"Go home Yang Jeongin!" Yelled another voice. 

Hyunjin quickly turned around and stared at her. The girl smiled at him but it quickly faded when he didn't smile back. He didn't say anything but I think it's face to say she got the message. I think he's still on edge since the Panel.

We walked into the building and the silence was a shocking contrast from the noisy outside despite that fact that the building was full of people, way more then there were on the street. I once again immediately felt underdressed in my sneakers, white pants and light blue T-shirt.

A woman spotted us and quickly made her way over to us.

"Good Morning Hyunjin, Good Morning Yang Jeongin," She greeted with a smile.

I felt awkward at her formal tone but gave a small wave. I'm still trying to get use to strangers knowing my full name.

"Kyun Hwiyoung is waiting to speak with you in your office for your 9:00am meeting" She informed.

Hyunjin nodded and gave her a quick "thank you" before walking over to the elevator. The door open and we entered. Nobody else was in the elevator which I found kind of surprising considering them seem to be a lot of people on the move. We moved quickly passed 7 floors before we got to the top where his office was, down the long sleek hallway.

Everyone we walked passed made sure to greet Hyunjin, you could just tell that he was someone important. Like you couldn't miss him even if you tried. I saw a few people look at me and then whisper to the person standing next to them. I wasn't offended, this was only my second time here. I was still someone new so I can understand why they were curious.

Hyunjin grabbed the door handle to his office and motion for me to step in front of him and enter first. I quickly obeyed, trying to stay out of the way, even though I really didn't want to be the first person seen in the room.

Once I walked in I saw a man standing with his back to the door. When he heard to door open he quickly turned around and we locked eyes. I could tell he was surprised to see someone that wasn't Hyunjin. I didn't recognize that man name but I definitely remember his face as the person who visited Hyunjin the first time I was here,

I felt Hyunjin come in behind me and close the door.

"Oh, Yang Jeongin. I wasn't expecting to see you," he said with an amused smile.

I was surprised to say the least, "You remember my name?"

"Of course I do. How could I forget a face like that?" He said.

I nodded and felt my face heat up a bit.

"You can go sit over there" Hyunjin with a slight hint of annoyance in his tone.

I wasn't surprised, I couldn't be more of an inconvenience even if I tried

They shook hands and Hyunjin lead him to his desk. I walked over to the couch and took a seat. I looked around the office. There was little personalization at all. The only thing I could really see was a pair of reading glasses on his desk. Everything else looked fairly standard. I wondered if that's just how he likes it.

I looked over at Hyunjin. He was in full business mode. Slightly intimidating but still extremely professional.

"I want to discuss this contract with you" Hwiyoung started, grabbing a briefcase and pulling out a manila folder, placing it on the table.

"Of course," Hyunjin said.

I tried not to pay too much attention to their conversation as it was none of my business. After 10 minutes or so I heard Hyunjin call my name.

I quickly looked up and saw him waving me over. What could he want with me? I stood up and hurriedly made my way over to him. Once I was close enough he reached into his pocket and grabbed his wallet, pulling out a sleek, steel blue card.

"Can you buy me a coffee? I can't leave right now" he explained.

I nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah, of course" I said, happy to help, "What do you want?"

"Just plain black is fine. Iced" he said and I nodded and started towards the door.

I had just put my hand on the door handle when I heard his voice again.

"Jeongin."

I turned around, "hm?"

"Don't just go for me, grab something for yourself. Don't worry about the money" he said.

I stood there for a second before slowly nodding and walking out of the door. I stood by the closed door for a few seconds. I was going to start walking when I heard the voice of Hwiyoung through the door.

"You know, the last time I met him, you told me he was just accompanying you. I was wonder what that meant exactly," He asked.

"Is there a reason you're so curious" Hyunjin replied.

"well, to be completely transparent. I was wonder if you two were dating or if he was in any kind of relationship. Because if he wasn't, I was hoping you could give me his number so that I coul-"

"We're in a relationship" Hyunjin stated, cutting him off mid-sentence.

"A relationship as in.." Hwiyoung inquired, trying to get Hyunjin to elaborate.

"As in I am his boyfriend. As in he's taken" Hyunjin said defensively.

"Ah, I see." Hwiyoung said quietly.

I decided that now is the time to leave. I began walking away from the door and down the hall as I took in what I had just heard. Did Hwiyoung want to ask me out? I guess it makes sense for Hyunjin to reject it. I can't go on dates at all right now anyway. Still there was something in the tone of Hyunjin's voice... whatever I should hurry up and get the coffee.

_______________________________

A/N: HII Babiesss, this chapter should've been put ages ago but due to technical difficulties and personal things it's super late. Despite that I hope you all enjoy Byeeee.