Chapter 22

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Hyunjin.

He was standing over me and was leaning in close to me face.

When we made eye contact Hyunjin's eyes darted for the door.

"Soeun and Jackson are downstairs," he said, "I came to wake you up."

I sat up quickly and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh, okay. Give me ten minutes I'll be there," I said.

Hyunjin turned and walked out of the room.

Once he had left the room I began to look around.

I was surprised to see the room was no longer empty. The closet was again full of my clothes. My suitcase was back in corner of the room.

Did he really do all of this last time.

Last night.

Yesterday.

My face began to heat up remembering the scene that took place in this bedroom.

I recalled trying to push Hyunjin into my room only to collapse into him and start sobbing uncontrollably.

I put my head into my hands a let out a muffled scream.

"I must be crazy! What was I thinking!" I exclaimed.

I couldn't imagine what must've been going through Hyunjin's head. This person he barely knows crying in his arms.

"I'm so embarrassed!" I yelled kicking my feet into the air.

I forced myself to get it together so that I didnt make everyone downstairs wait. This was no time to freak out.

I hop out of bed I stumble to the closet. I was still in my clothes from yesterday.

I threw on a pair of light yellow loose fitting sweat pants and a matching sweatshirt.

I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth before feeling presentable enough to go downstairs.

As I made down the stairs Soeun and Mr, Wang started to come into view.

"I just don't know if he's cut out for this," Mr. Wang said.

I stopped dead. Is he talking about me? I crouch down slightly to stay out of view.

"What are you talking about? I think the fact that Jeongin's so emotional makes him more likable," Soeun protested.

They are talking about me.

"I'm just afraid of him accidentally letting something slip. I mean he is an amateur," he said back.

I bit my lip embarrassed. Do I really act that helpless? But I can't help but agree with him.

I stumble over my sentence and get easily flustered. I constantly look like I don't know what I'm doing. The exact opposite of Hyunjin, who is a perfectly example of pure professionalism.

I made an oath to myself in that moment, I have to do better, be bolder. Starting now.

"Maybe it was a mistake to put these two together," Mr. Wang continued.

"I agree. I can be messy at times and unprofessional. But I also know that I can improve. At this moment I have no choice but to improve. So yes, I understand why I seem like a mistake. But please have some faith in me," I stated, making my way down the rest of the stairs.

Everyone quickly turned to me, clearly surprised. Expect Hyunjin, he looked at me as if I had been standing there the whole time.

"J-Jeongin. I apologize, I was wrong to voice my opinion so harshly," Mr. Wang said.