Chapter 5

"Okay so this episode really simple, you'll be learning a couple dance and then you and Hyunjin will do it together on stage. There will then be a vote for who did the best," Soeun explained on the ride there.

I nodded along but I was nervous, we'll have to act the whole time. It was hard enough in public.

But I knew I would have to get use to it, this is the job after all.

We finally drive up to the dance studio, I see camera being set up. I didn't know they were also filming the learning process. This made me even more nervous.

I looked around for Hyunjin but I didn't see him anywhere, it was weird for him to be late.

Staff member were running around making sure everything was ready for the live broadcast.

I felt someone tug my arm.

"Yang Jeongin? Follow me for hair and makeup," she said.

I nodded and followed her to a smaller room.

That's when I saw Hyunjin sitting in a chair, a girl was doing his hair. I was sat next to him.

He hadn't looked up from his phone so I wondered if he knew I was next to him.

A woman with a warm smile started on my makeup. I took the chance to look over at Hyunjin, who still hasn't acknowledged my presence.

The lady doing makeup started a conversation.

"Well there's not much to do, you're so good looking already," she said laughing to herself softly.

I couldn't help but get flustered and smile at the sudden compliment.

"Oh, th-thank you," I said and she nodded.

"It's quite early, I hope you slept well," she said.

I nodded in response even though I wasn't too well rested.

"Sooo," she continued and then nudged her head towards Hyunjin with a knowing smile.

"He's quite the looker isn't he?" She said and then giggle.

Hyunjin didn't even flinch, even though we were now talking about him.

I felt awkward talking about him so I just smiled and nodded.

"Let me just say, you too honestly look really good together," she said and winked.

"Thank y-"

"I know."

I looked over at Hyunjin in surprise. He was looking the girl straight in the eyes with a straight face as he said it.

"A-ah y-yes very good," she stuttered as she quickly looked away and went back to doing my makeup.

I bit my lip. The awkward atmosphere was almost unbearable so I was glad that my hair and makeup was done soon after.

When we got back to the set I looked around.
The camera men were testing each camera and adjusting them.

The host were rehearsing her lines with the help of one of the producers.

All the other couple were spread out and talked amongst themselves. They all seemed close, holding hands and some even shared a quick kiss.

I looked up at Hyunjin who stood next to me. We were nothing like these other couples. We weren't close or loving.

We were distance and cold and fake. I almost felt ashamed, like I was blatantly lying.

Hyunjin didn't seem fazed by this at all. But then again he never did. Always the same straight face.

"Okay everyone places!" Yelled one of the staff members.

Hyunjin immediately grabbed my hand and we walked over the stand with the other couples behind the host.

We were told which camera to look at and before I knew it the broadcast had started.

"Hello and welcome to the second episode of Trouble in Paradise where our lovely couple will compete in all kinds of fun and exciting challenges to see which couple is the best," the host started.

She had a big fake smile on her face as she addressed the camera. Her dress was a pretty red and so was her lipstick.

She then went on the explain the challenge to the viewers as we all stood behind her awkwardly.

She then went through and addressed each couple until she got to us.

" And how do you think you'll do in this challenge?" She asked us, putting the microphone up for Hyunjin to speak.

I watched anxiously as he didn't answer for a moment but then he slid his arm around my waist.

"I'm confident," he said.

I hoped that no one picked up on how red I was getting.

A little while later two dance instructors walked in, a girl and a guy. 

"Okay contestants please draw one piece of paper out of this jar to get your concept," the host said.

Mark and Haechan went first, then Wooyoung and San, we went third.

I walked up nervously and reached into the jar. I grabbed a slip of paper and carefully pulled it out of the jar. I opened it up and stared at it for a little bit before showing the camera.

"Beauty and the beast, what a great concept," she said.

I smiled and walked back over to Hyunjin.

Everybody else went until all the car concepts had been chosen.

I wasn't paying much attention to what the host was saying, I was too busy in my own head.

I was wondering how we would portray beauty and the beast in a dance.

On top of that I had to dance with Hyunjin. Just the thought of dancing with him made my stomach feel queazy.

Even with all of this going on in my head I was able to keep face for the camera. I was trying to be more professional like Hyunjin and not show all my feelings on my face.

I hoped that I was doing a good job because if I'm honest I couldn't tell.

"And we'll be right back after a word from or sponsor"

With that the cameras stopped filming and I let out a sigh of relief.

Hyunjin let go of my hand which I kind of forgot he was holding. I just was getting more comfortable with sudden skinship from him.

"Okay everyone let's move to the dance studio," said a staff member.

I stiffened up again. Here we go. Let's get this over with
___________

A/n Hi guys! I'm sorry for taking so long to update and this chapter is shorter than I wanted it to be but I wanted the dancing to be saved for it's own chapter