Chapter 25

"You're beautiful."

The phrase echoed in my head as I slept. It was in my dreams, in my thoughts. The scene replayed itself to no end. I could remember every little detail. The way his lips moved to form the words. The dead silence afterwards. I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if my answer was different.

"You too."

"I know."

"Not as beautiful as you."

All answers that would've gotten a completely different outcome.

Ding.

My thoughts were brought to a halt when my phone went off. I sleepily reach over to the night stand, picking up the device. It was a text message from Soeun. I opened the message that came with a link.

"Good job. You made it look really Natural," It said.

I tapped on the link to see a news article with a picture of me and Hyunjin at the restaurant last night.

"Fan spotted Trouble in Paradise stars Hwang Hyunjin and Yang Jeongin on a date at Gogi Steak house last night. The couple seemed to be having a fun time together. Fans were happy to see them enjoying each other company while some netizens believe they're just trying to show off their relationship," I read.

The picture was taken from outside the window that was on the side of our table. It made me feel uneasy to know that someone had been watching us. 

A sudden feeling of disappointment ran through my body when I remembered Hyunjin had specifically said he didn't want that moment to be public. And now it was everywhere just like everything else about our relationship.

I got out of bed and put on some Jeans and a fluffy sweater. I fixed my hair and headed downstairs.

"There is a reason why I never call you," I heard Hyunjin say.

I walked into the Livingroom but he wasn't in there. I could hear his voice coming from the kitchen.

"Just do this favor for me. I'm not asking for a lot," He said.

He sounded agitated. I knew I shouldn't be listening in on his phone call. I was about to open the door when I heard his next sentence.

"His name is Yang Jeongin," He said.

Me? Why was he talking about me? I listened as he began to spell my name out.

"I'm not asking for special privilege, I'm just asking for a chance," He continued.

The guilt had finally set in. This is a conversation I shouldn't be involved in. I was eavesdropping on a private phone call. I should at least let myself be known. I walked into the kitchen doorway.

"Hyunjin?" I called.

Hyunjin looked up at me and calming but quickly ended his phone call.

"We'll continue this conversation another time," He said.

He put his phone in his pocket and turned to me.

"Yes?" he asked.

I hadn't even thought up an excuse as to why I called him. I thought quickly and pulled out my phone.

"D-Did you see the article about us?" I asked, knowing that he had probably seen it before I had.

"Yes, I've seen it," He said, "It's nothing serious."

I nodded awkwardly.

"I'm going to work but I'll be back by the time we have to leave," He said.

I cocked my head to the side in confusion.