ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟙 • 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕧𝕤. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖

"One last chance. I wanna let go of everything that's been haunting us, so we can have a fresh start..."

"Aww, that's cute, just like you-"

"None of that, okay? You want a fresh start and a new friendship. None of that, got it?" The newly-forgiven man backed away with his hands up as he nodded in agreement. He flashed that old, familiar smile at me and I could feel the 18-year-old in me doing flips. But my 28-year-old self kicked her in the face and told her to stop.

The rest of our group slowly joined us and we started making our way to the center of the park to where the castle stood tall and proud. Despite the obvious tension from earlier, I felt my shoulders relaxing once more at the view of the magical castle and the smell of pretzels.

I took a deep breath and smiled at my group. 

"So, where to first?"

Brielle looked up from her spot on the ground and returned my smile with a small one of her own before explaining the different sections of the park.

"So, to the left is Adventureland and Frontierland, which has a kinda old-timey theme with like pirates, railroads, and trains. To the right is Tomorrowland, where everything is all futuristic and cool... Personally, I like starting with the left and going through all the parks and ending with Tomorrowland..."

"Kinda like, going through time, you know?"

We all nodded in agreement and everyone seemed to be on board with her idea when, of course, one person had to have a different opinion. Which is fine, of course, it just could've been discussed in a much more civil manner.

"Yeah, that's cute and all, but I think we should start with Tomorrowland, a.k.a. the future, then go back into the past." 

Brielle, trying to maintain her sanity and composure, took in a deep breath and asked him why.

"Well, because the past is nice. It's good. Sometimes, the past is what you want in the present. What you NEED in the present..." I could feel Luke's gaze piercing through me as it became evident to everyone that this was no longer just about which area of the park we should visit first. 

"I see, I see, I see... BUT, the past isn't always good. You can't always go back to the past because it wasn't as great as you might've dreamed it was. The future is what's full of endless possibilities and opportunities and you can let go of certain things that sucked in the past..." 

Brielle smoothly inched towards Luke and, despite being significantly shorter than him, loomed over him, as once again, they were having another confrontation. Only this time, it wasn't screaming and cursing at each other while children were lined up next to them trying to get Mickey Mouse shaped balloons. 

Luke arched his eyebrows at her and glared. He crossed his arms, possibly in defeat, as Bri just gave him a small smirk. 

"Really? How long are we gonna do this?"

She breathed out a small chuckle as she slowly inched closer to him. 

"I could do this all day."

The rest of us, not wanting to see this escalate into something worse, all let out loud sighs and started to move from where our feet were glued to the colorful pavement. Mark decided to be the referee and break up the potential disaster.

"Okay, Captain America, why don't we just move back over here," he slightly pushed Brielle away from Luke, causing the two to calm down and relax a little, "and we can just agree to go with Bri's idea? I mean, she's been here way more times than all of us, so she knows what she's doing. Plus, she's our Florida tour guide anyways, so she knows what's good and what's not."