ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠 • 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡???

"M-MOM? DAD?"

"Y/N! It's so good to see you!"

"What... what are you doing here?"

"Well, we were in the area and Brielle's parents called saying that you were too, so we thought 'what the heck! why not drop by?'"

Oh... shit.

Seeing my parents for the first time in a few years definitely caught me off-guard. Especially, because when they retired they decided to travel the world rather than find a home and stay like Brielle's parents.

I felt light-headed and started to lean backward.

Thankfully, I felt a strong pair of arms hold onto me to prevent me from falling flat on my backside. I looked at my side to see Jack holding me up before giving him a thankful nod and standing up straight.

"I kinda meant like, in Florida... I thought you were in Germany?"

"We made a pit-stop. Who are your friends?"

Did she really just ignore me like that?

I felt the heat rise to my head as I glanced between Brielle, her parents, and my own. Brielle clearly had no clue what was going on while the pair of parents just smiled.

"I BROUGHT TORTAS! Maybe not enough for everyone but, uh... we can make something else, I guess..." Brielle's attempts at breaking the ice did manage to help a little bit. Her mom gladly stood up and led Brielle to the kitchen, with everyone except for my parents following behind. They watched everyone walk out of the room before turning back.

"The green one's cute... is he your boyfriend?"

My face flushed.

"NO!"

"The red one? Really? He doesn't seem like your type, but I guess if I squint reeeeally hard I could see some resemblance to Sebastian Stan-"

"NO! Neither of the guys is my boyfriend!"

"Is it the girl with blue hair? Your first girlfriend?! I need to get pictures to remember this momentous occasion-"

"NO NO NO! I'M STILL SINGLE MOM!" The words pained me but nothing was worth my mom guessing that I was dating KATLYN of all people.

"Oh... well, it's okay. You'll find someone... eventually,"

This is gonna be one long-ass night...

*****

"I'm sorry! I had no idea my parents even had your parent's numbers! I swear I had nothing to do with this!"

"It's okay, I believe you."

"Trust me, my parents are a living hell. I'd never wanna subject someone to both my parents AND theirs at the same time. Especially, with new 'friends',"

Brielle and I were currently in the kitchen working on dinner. We offered to prepare it as a thank you to Brielle's parents for letting us stay in their home and we needed a new, big idea since there were lots of unexpected guests.

We were currently preparing a posole with tostadas. Brielle was frying the tortillas in oil for the tostadas while I chopped cabbage, radish, cilantro and more to add to the delicious smelling stew. The parents and guests sat at the dinner table right outside the kitchen, in full view of us but far enough so we could quietly talk about them without them realizing.

Only after almost accidentally chopping off the tip of my finger did I realize the tone Brielle used to say the word 'friends.'

"Why'd you say it like that?"