ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜 • 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕐𝕠𝕦, 𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕕𝕠

Here we are...

The sunshine state.

I felt the thud of the plane landing on the runway and tightened my grip on Jack's hand. I decided not to look out the window and instead think about any other topic besides my crippling fear of heights, flying, and since we're listing my fears, the dark.

I instead thought about Brielle and about how she told me stories about Florida and how much she loved coming here because it was relaxing and helped relieve her from the stress she was going through in her everyday life.

Now she's come for the first time with nothing but worry and stress on her mind.

But we're here to fix that.

We made it off the plane and dragged through the baggage claim without a worry. We made it out of the airport by noon and even though I slept the whole flight, I was exhausted once we stepped out of the airport doors. We decided to head to the hotel, wash up, rest and have dinner while we think of a way to find where Brielle's staying.

"Ok, so all I know so far is that she lives a little while away from Daytona Beach in a small town that's quote-unquote "barely on the map," Bri's words, not mine," I stated as Mark looked for an Uber and Jack searched for hotels in that area.

Eventually, we found a good, small hotel with rooms available and it wasn't too close to the beach so we would catch all the tourists.

The Uber arrived and we made it to our hotel, safe and sound. After a bit of bargaining and pleading, we got a small, unnecessarily expensive room that we were paying for by the night.

'We don't know how long we're gonna be here' I thought as I took the room keys from the receptionist. I walked back to my friends and told them about the room situation and their reactions varied. Both Mark and Jack had the same face I had when the receptionist told me - awkward blush - while Katlyn had a weird look of content.

I decided to ignore it as we grabbed our bags and walked towards the elevator and pressed the glowing button. We reached our room and stared at in thought.

There were two twin-sized beds and a fold-out couch near the window and right next to one of the beds.

"Well... who wants to flip a coin for the beds?" I asked.

~~~

"Yes, a box of Orange Chicken, Sweet & Sour Chicken, and General Tso's. Side of noodles, egg rolls, and fried rice with," I counted my friends, "ten fortune cookies."

"Alrighty, thank you." I hung up the phone and hopped onto my well-earned bed. After a few rounds of coin flips and rock-paper-scissors, plus some good old fashioned moral guilt, Katlyn and I won the beds and Jack and Mark have to share the couch.

"What's with all the fortune cookies?" Jack asked while lightly chuckling. I crossed my arms behind my head and leaned against the headboard of my bed.

"Two for each of us and two extra for us to battle-it-out over," I said before sitting up straight and playfully throwing fists at Jack. The play-fighting continued and eventually escalated into a super-secret action-filled mission riddled with quotes from movies like "Taken" and "Die Hard." And references to "Where's Waldo?"

I held up my finger-guns and pointed them at him while I stared intensely into his soul. His hands were up in surrender as I held back my giggles towards our childish games. Meanwhile, Mark was watching T.V. and Katlyn was showering, trying to get the "airplane smell" off of her.

"I've got you now, Waldo! You think you're so sneaky, but I'm always one step ahead of you!" I shouted, hopping off my bed and standing at the foot, pointing my finger-gun at Jack while he sat on my bed in surrender. He aggressively flipped his lime-green hair around and called out in faux distress.

"Curse you! How?! How could you have possibly found me!?" A knock on the door echoed throughout the minuscule room and Mark eagerly stood up to answer it.

"It was too easy," My voice was menacing as the wheels turned in my head to come up with a legit-sounding answer. Come on! Think of the Nine-Nine!

"Little did you know, the tracking device you planted on me was easy to find. And even easier for me to plant it back on you!"

Mark came back in with a bag giving off the long-awaited aroma of Chinese delivery.

"It was a classic 'Where's Waldo?' situation. All I had to do was find your little person on the map..." My sentence trailed off as I had a major epiphany.

"Uhh, Y/n?"

"HOLY CRAP! I KNOW HOW TO FIND BRIELLE!" I leaped onto my bed and landed next to Jack as I reached for my phone.

I hastily unplugged it and unlocked it before tapping on Snapchat and Find My Friends.

Once Snapchat loaded up, I swiped downwards to the friends' map. I searched throughout the whole map but found no trace of her little character. I let out a frustrated groan before tapping on Find My Friend.

The picture of her illuminated with her name and location pinpointed on the map.

"YES!" I let out a huge victory screech as I jumped off the bed and stole the bag of food from Mark's hands. He and Jack were dumbfounded and couldn't answer when Katlyn came out of the bathroom, changed in pajamas with her damp hair tied into a tiny ponytail.

"I really don't know..." Mark wheezed out. I pulled out a celebratory egg roll and took a huge bite out of it. With my mouth full, I explained the train of thought that occurred while I was playing around with Jack.

"Basically," I gulped my food down because I was starting to gross myself out. "Find My Friend for iPhone is the perfect way to literally pinpoint Brielle's EXACT location. You just have to find her little picture in the background on the map, find the address, track her down and BOOM! We find her! Kinda, sorta like in the popular children's game 'Where's Waldo?'"

Everyone 'ohh'-ed and immediately charged for the bag of food I held in my hands.

The rest of the afternoon went by fast as we had eaten, showered, and were ready for bed by 8. We had left our second round of fortune cookies as a tiny snack for before going to bed.

We unwrapped the curved cookie and didn't even bother to read the fortunes. We held them up in a toast fashion and said one last thing before eating them and hunkering down for the night.

"Thank you, Waldo."

~~~

A/N

Changed the cover, hope you like :)
Also, short chapter today because juicy stuff will happen more in the next few parts and this was kind of a transition chapter.

Ok, bye byeee!

Sincerely, Static 💚