ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘 • 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕡 ℚ𝕦𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕁𝕖𝕗𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣

~ Y/N ~

Well so far, this trip has been nothing short of interesting. Brielle's parents are pretty much exactly the same as they were when Bri and I were in high school.

It's been a few more days since we had the horribly awkward dinner with our parents and things don't seem to be improving. They've been nice to us but the air is always so tense whenever we're in the same room as them, more so when Brielle is there.

We've tried to help out around the house whenever we could, as a thank you to Brielle's parents for letting us stay. We've helped with cooking, cleaning, yard work, doing our own laundry, and just trying to be the best possible house guests we could be.

Mark and Jack have been more secretive than usual, constantly whispering with each other, sneaking around, and hiding their phone screens whenever we come around from behind them.

Is it just the new cool-hip-woke thing to keep secrets from your friends?

...

God, I'm old.

Currently, Mark, Jack, Katlyn, and I were sitting in Katlyn and I's shared room. We were just relaxing after another boiling day in the Florida sun. Brielle burst through the door with a huge, toothy smile on her face.

"What's up, my hoes? Y'all tired?"

"Yeah, a little, mhm," We all agreed as the tension was actually getting to all of us and starting to tire us out. Her smile stayed on as she continued speaking.

"Well get in the car losers, we're going swimming! Tomorrow, I'm treating you all to a day at Puesta Del Sol's famous state park and springs! A day full of relaxing, swimming, and sandwiches!" She eagerly announced as she started to give us more details on what the springs were like. We kept getting even more excited and Brielle told us the plans to go to Walmart tomorrow for snacks, drinks, and any extra things we might need.

I was definitely getting hyped up for a day at the springs.

~ Next Day ~

"MY DAD SAID WE COULD USE HIS BIG COOLER! WOOP WOOP!"

"WHOO!"

Brielle said her thank you and goodbyes to her parents as we piled into the rental car we had been using for the past few days. We each had a small bag with our towels and a change of clothes while wearing our swim clothes with a covering of some kind.

Brielle and I wore shorts and a shirt -- a plain t-shirt and button-up, respectively -- while Katlyn opted for a simple sundress to cover up. Jack and Mark had it easy and just threw on their trunks and t-shirts.

The drive to Walmart was short so we were quick to be in the snack aisle, stocking up on chips, sandwiches, and drinks. We also bought a bag of ice to keep our drinks cold.

As we made our way down to the check-out lanes,  we were interrupted by the screams of an over-excited kid noticing the shelves full of water guns and pool toys. And, of course, by "kid," I mean the idiot that is Sean McLoughlin.

"THERE'S WATER GUNS!" I felt my arm get dragged from the comfort of the Walmart cart towards the direction of the water toys.

Once I felt Jack's grip loosen, I took the time to giggle at the expression on his face. His eyes were wide and practically sparkling as he admired the spread of water weapons in front of him. The rest of the group caught up with us and joined in the smiling at Jack's youthful attitude.

As we gazed at the arrangement of water guns, pistols, and slingshots, I got to thinking about how some of these guns were actually pretty freaking expensive for plastic with stickers on it. Then one thing led to another and I remembered something that almost made my heart stop.