Chapter 5

***Hiii! Sorry this is a bit late, Watt pad deleted my first attempt at this so now I have to rewrite (Someone should fix that problem!) again!!! This chapter was bit hard to write to see how to fit it into the story without having it clash, so here's my shot at it, again. Once more, thanks to all my supporters who voted, commented and shared this story, I love you all! Above is the best representation of what Rin's exceed Night looks like, just use your imagination to swap the colors so she's black with silver accents! Enjoy!!***

***************************************************************************************************************************

Rin's POV

I gritted my teeth as the demon destroying the town I just entered turned it's huge head towards me. It's black eyes were empty and evil as it roared when it saw me. The sound drew my hair off my shoulders but I paid no heed, I didn't even blink, and took off at a dead sprint toward the demon.

"NIGHT!" I called and seconds later, my cat had grabbed my shoulders and flew us up to eye level with the demon. It's mouth hung open exposing jagged, razor-sharp teeth, and a flicking forked tongue which lashed out at us. Night's maneuvering kept us at a safe range but I growled, clenched my fist; time to take it down. Judging from the blue-ish white shimmers of mgic excreting from it's claws, I could determine it was part of the Ice class, so that meant flames.

"Night, fly us another twenty feet up and drop me." I said. Night was by now used to my battle tone which was even colder and scary than my normal tone. She nodded and took us high above the demon which watched us like a predator would prey before striking. As she pulled to a stop, I looked down, the demon had it's head turned up at the sky, watching me. I narrowed my eyes and gave one command.

"Drop me."

Night closed her eyes but released my shoulders from her grasp and let me fall. I felt the wind rushing at my face as I descended from the sky head-first at the demon which growled and began materializing ice at it's claws and mouth. Since I was alone and no one else was around, I could go all out and get this done fast. At the final moment when I deemed it close enough, I closed my eyes and shouted.

"REQUPIT!"

A flash of red light illuminated the dimming sky just as the Fairy Tail team in the wagon pulled to a stop in front of the town entrance. Just in time to see my real power revealed.

Lucy's POV

We pulled to a jerky halt and I stepped out of the wagon followed by the other members who hauled Natsu's nauseous body out of the wagon. Erza jumped out and sent the driver on his way though he was in a huge panic from the sight of the demon. I looked at the heap of Natsu on the ground and poked him.

"Are you OK Natsu?" I asked timidly.

"Yeah, just being outta that wagon makes me feel better." He replied, still looking close to death. I grimaced as I walked over to the others who starred at the demon who paid them no attention.

"IT'S HUGE!!" I cried, it had to be at least 40 feet tall.

"Can Rin really handle that by herself?" Gray asked, arms crossed.

"If she can't, we will assist her right away." Erza stated from her spot at the front of the group. The demon still hadn't looked their way it was focusing it's attention in the sky. Erza was the first to notice this and followed the demon's eyes up unto the sky, where she could just make out something in the sky, it was much darker than the sky, but still not in a detectable shape.

"LEMME AT IT!!" Natsu yelled, fists ignited as he jumped up from the ground and marched towards the demon. Erza grabbed his collar and dragged him back. "Wait, look!"

A huge flash of red light ignited in the sky above the demon. The flash was accompanied by a show of smoke and a loud battle cry. "FIRE DRAGON SLAYER ARMOR!"

The demon came to life in an instant, jumping up and slashing at the cloud and come crashing down. From the smoke emerged a falling figure.

"RIN!" I cried, identifying her by her long black hair. But she looked different.

Her body was adorned in a battle armor which seamed to shine bright as the sun. In ways it resembled the armor she first showed us, but this one was thicker and was made from a shinny gold material adorned with reds and yellows and blacks. Holding her long hair strands back was a head piece that wrapped around her jaw, only leaving her silted black orbs exposed. Her armour looked like a comet descending from the sky in a a blaze of fire and left us all frozen in our spots. The name hadn't escaped our ears. Fire Dragon Slayer Armor.

"Fire?" I whispered.

"Dragon??" Gray gaped.

"Slayer???" Erza gasped.

"ARMOR????" Natsu yelled. "HEY!! THAT'S MY THING!!"

Rin also brandished a huge broadsword over her head, the metal seemed to be alive with flames. The demon lowered itself into a fighting stance waiting for the blow. Rin burst into flames as her pace was accelerated by the second and she descended upon the demon at unbelievable speed. With a roar, she shouted, "CRIMSON LOTUS: EXPLODING FLAME BLADE!"

Rin brought the sword over her head and dead onto the demon's head in an arch of fire. The ice that demon shrouded itself in for protection shattered without hesitation and the blast hit the demon square in the head. The blast went through the demon and it's body in a clear cut. The demon's body exploded in a huge flame that sent rocks and torn up ground flying. We had to turn out heads to avoid the winds and sparks that floated from the sky.

Natsu held out his tongue and caught a spark, he brought it to his mouth before promptly swallowing it and gasped. "DRAGON FIRE!?"

"Erza, you have every armor known to a requipt mage, have you ever heard of that?" I asked. The requpit mage shook her head, still watching Rin as she leaped from the head of the demon onto a still-standing building, landing flawlessly, blade dangling from her grip.

The demon roared once more before becoming fully engulfed in flames and slowly burning to an ash. Gray's mouth dropped as the demon did. "She finished that demon off in one blow?! No way."

Rin nodded at her work and flicked the blood off the sword with a flick of the wrist. She ex-quipted to her normal clothes and we watched as her cat grabbed her and flew her to the gate where she stopped and Night set her down. Erza was the only one who seemed to compose herself and had closed her mouth, us others stared at her with wide eyes. Rin exhaled slowly and with her eyes still closed spoke.

"How much did you see?"

Erza answered, we were still a bit dazed. "Enough to know you're not letting us know everything about your magic."

Rin sighed and crossed her arms. "I guess I have no choice now. Fine, I'll tell you everything, but only tomorrow over a drink, I'm too tired."

Erza nodded and we all made our way back to the guild. Rin walked behind me and only one emotion ran through my head. Curiosity. Why had Rin hidden her power?

Unknown's POV

I watched as the Fairy Tail guild members left with Rin. I smirked under my hood as my eyes followed her out the town gates. It was worth giving up one demon to determine her skill after all this time and my hypothesis proved right, she was more powerful. She was going to be so much more fun to destroy, but for now, I'll wait until I find a bigger advantage. She'll never know what hit her. I turned and jumped from the building and sprinted away from the town that was barely more than a ruin.

Until next time, Rin.