Chapter 25

****HI! I honesty can't believe I'm so close to ending this story. It was tough top get all of it done at time and I had writer's block a few times, but it was worth it and I'm thrilled to say in the few months this book has been out, we've had almost 5k readers and 200 votes. That means so much to me as a writer and as a young adult with a passion for writing. Since this was my first fanfic, I wasn't too sure how to go about it, but I think I managed a good plot and I hope everyone enjoyed it. This will be the second to last chapter and I'm sort of sad to see this end. But my thanks goes out to all of you again. The picture above is our mystery villain, Zeref. remember I love when you guys COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! Enjoy!!****

*********************************************************************************************************

Rin POV

"Are you sure about this?" Erza asked for the fifth time. I nodded and went back to packing.

We were in my apartment with team Natsu, Lucy was folding my clothes, gray was sitting in my chair, Natsu was sleeping on the bed, and Erza was standing next to me with a cake I gave her to make her take the news better. 

"Ahri may be gone, but there's a bigger threat out there, I want as few people involved as possible. I've made up my mind, I'm sorry everyone, but I'm leaving Magnolia."

"But we can help you like we did last time, Please Rin,"  Lucy begged, her eyes watering. I shook my head.

"It won't be like last time, you all have made me feel truly accepted and I'm deeply thankful for that. That's exactly why I'm taking this as far away from everyone I care about as possible."

"Rin." I took Lucy's hand and wrapped it in my own. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine, and so will all of you."

I dropped her hand and leaned in. 'Plus you have a certain Dragon Slayer to keep an eye on to keep you busy."

She laughed uneasily which made my chuckle as I placed my last shirt in my bag and zipped it shut. I looked around my bare room, my clothes packed in my bag, and my jewels tucked away safely in my pocket; only one thing was missing.

"Where's Night?"

"Here!" I turned around to see my Exceed landing on the window, her wings folding in and she hopped onto my bed and onto my bag. I scratched her head and felt her purr.

"Did everything go ok?"

"Yep, no problems at all." I nodded and grabbed my bag, I pulled my cloak of the rack and wrapped it around my shoulder, buttoning it at the neck. I followed team Natsu out of the room and turned of the light. With a sigh, I closed the door and descended down the stairs to the door.

I stopped as the team gathered near the door. I set down my bag and hugged Lucy gently, which in return she threw her arms around me and for a second I though I was going to die until Natsu pried her of me. I nodded o Erza who gave me a smile and patted my shoulder. I as starting to feel  bit heavy when I hugged gray good-bye and sighed with a smile.

"Is losing your shirt around me a habit of yours or...?" He looked down and all that was there was his necklace.

"Sorry." I shook my head and smiled. I moved onto Natsu who gave me that foolish grin and high-fived me.

"Gimmie a call when you and Sting throw down, my money's on you."

I chuckled. "Good to know."

I recollected myself and straightened, heading for the door, I reached out for the handle when Lucy stopped me.

"Wait! It's dangerous to go out on your own!"

I looked back with a grin.

"Who said I was going alone?" I pulled open the door and there was Rogue, bag in hand with Frosch at his side and Nightshade rubbing her head on Frosch's. Erza gasped.

"Rogue?" I nodded.

"You left Sabertooth?" Gray asked. Rogue nodded. "After everything, I'm not about to let Rin do something crazy on her own. Even if that means leaving my guild."

"Aw!" Lucy cooed. I shook my head and went to stand next to Rogue who gave me a smile, "Ready?"

I nodded and we began walking, our Exceed jumping into the air and flying behind us.

"Wait!"

We stopped and turned at Natsu's voice.

"Where are you going?"

"To find Zeref." They all gasped with looks of shock and horror. "No way!"

I smiled as I looked back. "Don't worry. We'll be fine, we are pretty strong mages after all."

That set their faces back and they waved. I waved back and grabbed Rogue's hand and we left Fairy Tail and Magnolia.

Before we left the town completely, I looked over from the hill, remembering about two months ago when I first came stumbling like a bloody corpse into the guild. It brought a smile to my face and Rogue turned.

"What?" I shook my head.

"Nothing, just remembering my first day here."

"I did hear something about a strangely active corpse running into the Fairy Tail guild and collapsing on the floor."

I punched his arm and he laughed. "Where to now?"

I shrugged. "Where ever the last sighting of Dark magic was."

"So North?"

I nodded. "North."

"Night, Frosch, lead the way!" They smiled and I began my journey to find Zeref. But this time I wasn't alone. I had Rogue. I don't think I've ever been happier in my life. But everyone deserves happiness.

Right?

***************************************************************************************************************

****This is it, only one more chapter. Nice ending for our stone-hearted Rin don't you think? The last chapter will be posted soon. So until then. Ja!****