Chapter 16

****Hi! Welcome back to another instalment of this fine series, I've been without Wi-Fi all weekend so now I'm really happy to get this written and posted. Picture above are the runes from last chapter. Remember to VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, and FOLLOW ME! Enjoy!****

*******************************************************************************

Rogue's POV

In the few days following my approach to Rin with the offer of Sabertooth's protection, I still would have felt better is she had come with me. Ahri was clearly not joking around and with someone who can summon demons that powerful, Rin would be completely out of her league.

"I shouldn't have left her," I mumbled to myself, walking out of my room, Frosch toddled next to me and jogged to keep up.

"Rogue?" he asked, looking up at me. I paused, "Mm?"

"Do you like Rin?"

My eyes widened and my voice caught in my throat, "Why do you say that?"

Frosch looked taken back by my defensive tone and looked down. "You call her name out at night, I was just wondering, I'm sorry."

I relaxed and scooped him up, petting his soft head. "I'm sorry Frosch, I shouldn't have been so mean to you, I'll get you a fish later, OK?"

His eyes brightened again as he nodded his pink frog head.

I left him sitting on my shoulder as I stepped into the main hall and was hit by the stench of alcohol, yelling, and scrapping of wood on stone, it was like a slap in the face. I walked down the stairs to the bar where Sting sat, like usual, harassing one of our newest members Yukino. He was leering over her and his arm cut off her route of escape. She cringed at him leaning over her head.

I sighed and stepped in, grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the bar. "I apologize," I said to Yukino who shook her head and dashed away. I dropped Sting's wrist and sighed.

"Stop doin' that! I was gettin' to know her!" Sting grumbled, clearly drunk once again.

"What you need to do is stop causing trouble and stop drinking, you've been downing the stuff twice as much as usual."

"Cuz' tonight's the annual drink off! First one to not collapse gets a million jewels, I'm training myself, I ain't gonna lose to no one!" Sting grinned, he slurred, fist raised.

I looked around, several of our best mages were also drunk or still asleep. I forgot about the drink off, I never participated because I simply don't like drinking and the hangover that follows it. Sting's been trying to get me to drink, but I usually stop at three before things get bad.

I shook my head and walked over to the request board, I was looking for one near Magnolia so I could drop by and see Rin, it's been killing me the past few days with only her face etched into my memory. I scanned the board and snatched the closest one, slipped the sheet into my pocket, and signing my name on the page under the request book.

I turned down the stairs and headed towards the door, when a huge explosion blew the doors and the front half of the guild open. Rocks flew everywhere as I was slammed into the wall, chairs and tables flew into the wall, splintering and many groggy faces looked around, now some-what alert. Sting stumbled to his feet and squinted as a shadow walked through the dust.

I pulled myself from the pile of rocks and scanned the room, and thankfully found Frosch was in the air and out of sight. I locked eyes with him and motioned for him to get away. With tears pooling in his eyes he flew eyes and I was able to be at least thankful he was OK.