Chapter 12

*****HI!!!!!! Welcome back for another installment of this fine story. I'm your host and author here to say thank you for the continuous support and YEAH! to the fact that we broke 1K which I am very happy about. So thank you to everyone who reads and supports this story, thank you to those who share it and follow me, I love you all! Picture above is demon from last chapters fight. ENJOY!****

************************************************************************************************************************

Ahri POV

My smile didn't waver as I watched my demon fall to dust. I, instead, leaned against the tree trunk and assessed the fight. This was all a test to see how strong Rin was, and while I hadn't counted on her having help from Sabertooth's famous Twin Dragon Slayers, I was still able to draw a conclusion. Rin was much, much stronger since our last clash.

If I was any revenge obsessed psycho, I wouldn't have cared and took the fight to her regardless. But I was a lot wiser now than I was during our last fight. I knew Rin held no weaknesses that could be exploited, so to fight her and come in with the biggest chances of winning, I needed ad trump card, an advantage that would cripple her to an easier level. I didn’t' know what that was, but I was determined to find it before I made a move.

So during the fight, like with the other demons I sent after her to bait her into my observation, I could see how her judgment had improved. In less than a few seconds she had determined a way to trap, attack, and kill the demon with two people he didn’t know, just by assessing their power. Her quick thinking would be an advantage to her, so I needed to note that. I also was able to see her assessment of the demon to determine which armor and attacks to use which would get the job done in the shortest amount of time with as few attacks as possible, so she learned how to ration her magic, noted that too.

But I did notice one thing.

It might have just been in the fight because he was on her side, but she had protected the Shadow Dragon Slayer and let the other one take the daggers. It might have been the circumstances, but I wasn’t going to ignore that fact that my sister was cold-hearted and rarely fought with other and yet, saved this one.

I knew the happy guild mate thing was an act; she needed to keep up the pretense so no one would suspect her as anything more than a Fairy Tail wizard. So the fact that she was willing to sacrifice a strike to protect someone could mean she was softening. But I couldn’t say that for sure, and to underestimate Rin was to bear your throat to her fangs, Rin must never be underestimated,

I grew up learning from Diamondgare that Rin was a very powerful and dangerous mage, and I had no doubt about it. Her magic take enormous control and even more to channel to her will, so anything that could loosen her concentration could mean for a slip up, so that must also be noted.

I stood, and watches as they left the woods, just as Rin was about to leave I hear her voice, one gifts as the Earth Dragon Slayer meant my hearing was even better than a normal Dragon slayer’s. Her words, although spoken quietly, were loud and clear in my ears:

"Ahri, do not involve others in this. It is between you and me. Next time, fight me for real, little sister."

Her words sent my blood boiling for a split second before realization washed over me. Her words confirmed the fact that she was softening. She was playing into her guild character so well that she was starting to care if other got hurt in our fight. This was wonderful! I had an upper hand for the first time, now all I needed was a way to use it to its fullest potential, so that meant more shadowing. But that didn’t matter, if it meant I could finally defeat Rin, I’d wait years. Now all I needed was a way to exploit her new found weakness. The only question that remained was how?

*************************************************************************************************************************

Rogue POV

I followed Sting down the path that lead from the woods to the main roads of Magnolia. He had his arms over his head and had gleaming eyes from his accepted challenge. "I can't wait until we fight, I'm gonna crush her for the glory of Sabertooth!" He thrust his fist int the air, a smiled wide on his face.

"Please calm down," I said, walking slowly and eyes closed. I thought back on the fight and more importantly, I thought about Rin.

From the first moment I saw her I thought she was beautiful. Her long, jet black hair, her flawless fair skin, and her dark eyes that held so much coldness yet a bit of warmth. All of it was beautiful. The intelligence in her eyes is what hooked me. I knew from her stance she wasn't cocky, rude, or selfish; she was intelligent, strong, and quick thinking.

I'd never met a girl like her before. Her very presence was enough to make me feel protective of her and I clenched my fist beneath my cloak when Sting talked of crushing Rin. The thought of him laying a hand on her was enough to make me want to hit him.

I smiled to my self as I imagined him trying to fight Rin and watching her defeat him in simple movements and one strike.

"You shouldn't have done that, you don't know how strong she really is," I replied, still walking. Sting's smile turned as he jogged up to me. "Whatddaya mean? I don't need to know what her real power is so long as I'm stronger, and I'm a Dragon Slayer!"

"Yes, and she has all of our powers put together, you might have just dug your own grave Sting," I countered. Sting crossed his arms and muttered something about a traitor. I paid no heed but continued thinking about Rin, she had said something that was bothering me even now.

She said someone wanted her dead.

I growled and walked faster as the thought sent my blood raging. No one would kill her, hurt her, or even lay a finger on her! I was surprised at my own sudden protectiveness over Rin ,but the son of her voice net chills down my spine and her smile seemed to awaken my heart, which had been dormant for so long.

"Are you saying I can't beat her?" Sting asked, squinting at me. I shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not, you just better hope you don't underestimate her power, you on't know how dangerous that could be."

**************************************************************************************************************************

****Well . . . That just happened. So now we see Rogue begin to feel something for Rin. Wonder how that will go. And we get another look from our fave baby sis Ahri. Sorry this wasn't a real advancement, but this was necessary for the plot so bear with me and I promise the next chapter will be out soon. I know I hate waiting for new chapters so I'll try my best not to make you all wait as well. Until next time my beloved readers. Ja!!!!****