052

The next day was just another boring day.

Yoongi wouldn't be going to see Jimin the dance studio but if he was lucky he'd see the boy in the cafeteria.

However it is a bit confusing when Yoongi  walks into the cafeteria to see Namjoon not at their table but in fact at the opposite end, talking to Jimin and his group of friends.

With two fingers, Namjoon slides a piece of paper over to one of the boys sitting at the table with a smile.

After finally coming to his senses, Yoongi rushes to Namjoon and drags him back.

"What the hell are you doing?" Yoongi said through gritted teeth.

"I just thought I'd help.."

Yoongi looks over his shoulder. Jungkook holds the piece of paper, reading whatever is written with furrowed eyebrows. He turns back to Namjoon.
"To Jungkook? Help what?"

This time it was namjoon to furrow his brows, staring at his friend with confusion. "What do you mean for what? I just happened to be talking to him and apparently he didn't even have your number, so how can you contact him outside of college?" Namjoon seemed surprised that his best friend hadn't even done this. "That's why I gave him your number".

Yoongi almost wants to laugh out of ridiculousness.

"You what?" but now his chest tightens a little as he stands quietly for a moment, while Namjoon asks a small 'you OK?' Beside him. He's beginning to realise he may have done something wrong.

Yoongi steps away from Namjoon and goes up to the group of boys at the table. They all look up as he comes over. Including Jimin.

"Um, I'm very sorry. My friend.. for a guy who's top of their class, he can be pretty stupid. I'm sorry for bothering you." Then he points to the paper in Jungkooks hand. "You can chuck that away if you like."

Yoongi feels himself sweating a little. He can't believe he's been embarrassed infront of jimin and all his friends, the people who he'd want to impress, if anything.
He feels worse, though, when he glances to Jimin, who's eyes remain glued to the table.

Oh shit

Please tell me you didn't take this the wrong way, yoongi thinks to himself.

He couldn't have, surely?..

With one last "I'm sorry",  he walks away, grabbing Namjoon along the way and dragging him to their own table. He feels like drop kicking Namjoon right now, how could his best friend be so stupid?! No, actually, how could he  be stupid enough to not notice that Namjoon had been thinking his crush was jungkook for all this time?

It's not jungkook you idiot!

Is what Yoongi wanted to scream at him right now.

It's the cute kid with the blonde hair and the pretty smile and the one that you've probably just given all the wrong ideas to!

Yoongi just eats his lunch in silence for now. He's not even that hungry but he had the need to stuff his mouth before he screams at the boy next to him.

Namjoon nervously eats beside him, chewing as quietly as possible as though if he were to even make the tiniest noise possible, Yoongi would strangle him.

"So I assume this means Jungkook isn't the one you like, is it?..." Namjoon asks in almost a whisper, to which his only reply was another sharp glare.