046

Be smooth, is what Yoongi repeats in his head while he waits for the younger.

He already has limited time to speak to Jimin at the bus stop, especially since he's 98% sure the boy will be late again, so Yoongi isn't really confident at all that he'll be smooth.

When the bus is in sight, Yoongi extends out his arm and it comes to a stop in front of him.

By now this driver was familiar with the two boys and what their routine was, and thankfully she was one of those that were kind enough to wait (as long as it wasn't for hours, since public transport simply can't wait for just one person all the time). But thankfully Jimin was usually and on-time late kind of person. Someone who is late, but at least the same kind of late on the majority of occasions.

And as expected, Jimin came running up the path with a folder in his arms.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" He apologises between heavy breaths. "I'm sorry for making you wait"

"It's fine" Yoongi says, but quickly realises it isn't really his place to say whether it's fine. It was fine for him of course, but for the bus driver? Who knows.

As Jimin goes to step onto the bus, Yoongi manages to force himself to speak before it was too late.

"Jimin"

The younger turns around with raised brows, after being unexpectedly called. "Hm?"

Yoongi begins to panic now it actually got to the moment where he has to say something and says the first thing that came to mind.

"You look good today" he says, rushing to get the words out of his mouth.

Jimin stands there with his mouth slightly parted, blinking several times as he processes the words. He's still panting, trying to slow his heartbeat from all the running, his cheeks are flushed, his slightly damp hair sticks to his forehead and beyond that he's only wearing plain jeans and a jumper- Jimin wonders how the hell does he look good?

"Sorry you should take a seat quickly" Yoongi interrupts his thoughts quickly but thankfully remind him the bus driver is still waiting. So Jimin embarrassedly turns away and beeps his card without another word. Jimin takes a seat towards the back and glances out the window before staring into his lap.

Yoongi contemplates hitting his head against the bus shelter, thinking of all the things he could have said or even better: all the things he shouldn't of said.

Maybe he shouldn't have even spoken up in the first place.

The bus drives off and Yoongi is left to think about how annoyingly awkward he is.

However when he hears the notification sound from his phone, Yoongi didn't think twice about opening it.

You too

Somehow, Yoongi didn't feel so bad anymore.