071

"liked?" Yoongi splutters "as in past tense?"

Jimin blinks once before his face drops and the panic rises. "oh, no- no that's not what I meant. God, i've messed up already" he hurries, leaning forward as though that would help him understand quicker. "I have been planning this for so long and I can't even get the first sentence right, and technically the most important sentence, and now look! I-"

Yoongi places a hand on top of Jimins forearm, stopping the words spewing from his mouth. Jimin glances towards the older, flustered after the small outburst and worried that Yoongi wouldn't look so happy. Yet, gazing softly back at him, Yoongi showed no signs of anger. "It's ok" he reassures in a gentle voice. "I'm sorry I panicked you. I was just worried for a second there.."

"oh.." Jimin begins to mumble to himself,  though luckily Yoongi could hear too. "I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to say 'liked.' I meant 'like'... that I... really like you" he slows down for the last bit, making sure to pronounce every word clearly despite sounding nervous.

"I know the way I walked off probably concerned you, but I don't hate you... incase that was what you thought. Things haven't really been the best recently anyway, so it was a bit... overwhelming on top of everything else. It frustrated me more than anything." Jimin continued. "If I wanted to experiment with my... you know... preferences.. I would have told you, no matter how embarrassing that would be. I already knew I liked boys before you even kissed me. And it kinda hurt that you didn't realise you mean more to me than that."

Yoongi takes back his hand, taking everything in. "i'm really sorry." even after saying these words a thousand times and yet it still didn't feel enough (at least for himself). "I guess I doubted how much someone could like me. Namjoon is the only one that's ever stuck around. That or i'm just dumb." he lets out a nervous laughter but when their gazes meet, Jimin's eyes are filled with something so tender that Yoongi could almost melt in his seat. For a second, Yoongi's eyes flicker towards the boys lips.

"Well, you don't have to worry about me. I have no intention of leaving. if you'll have me?" Jimin asks shyly.

Yoongi's ears turn red. "h-have you?" 

"I mean- generally.. if you want me around.."

"oh, god- of course!" 

They both shyly look away  to the sports field with butterflies in their stomach. 

"hey," Yoongi starts after a moment of silence, with a gentle tone. "Earlier you said something about not having the best time.. is everything ok?"

Jimin's kind smile wavers a little. "oh, yeah. It's nothing really"

Yoongi cant help but think back to all that the younger has told him before, about students looking down on him, about the pressures he had. Not to mention he had recently quit dance class. It still seems a little worrying for Yoongi, he didn't know exactly how Jimin was feeling but something tells him that there may be more to what Jimin lets on. "Are you sure? Because I really don't mind listening - about anything actually. I'm terrible at giving advice but Joon says i'm a good listener, and when has he ever been wrong?"

"hmm, I guess the time he thought you liked Jungkook"

"I- what? oh, I suppose you're right... how long have you known about that?"Yoongi asks sheepishly.

"well, I was there for starters" Jimin laughs. "I gathered what was happening when he kept insisting Jungkook should have your number because you needed to talk to him for some reason. Before that i just thought he had the crush on jungkook."

"so you weren't jealous?"

"jealous? no"

Yoongi jokingly acts offended. "ouch. not even a little bit?"

Leaning in closer, Jimin acts along and smirks playfully. "why? do you want me to be jealous of Jungkook? even though I knew you had barely spoken to him? even though out of everyone, you came to see me in the studio, bringing lunch, helping me catch my bus, and giving chocolate gifts, and we can't forget how you kissed me- twice actually- unless of course, hyung, have you kissed Jungkook too?"

Yoongi quickly cuts him off from there, cheeks bright red and burning. If he says anything else, it may just kill Yoongi entirely. "Alright, I understand now" He says, trying to hide his face from the embarrassment. Of course, looking at it now, how on earth was all that subtle?! 

The school bell cuts half way through Jimin's laughter, signaling the end of break. He looks to the older, his smile dropping just enough to see the disappointment of having to leave for his next class. Some students outside on the field linger as long as they can before they move, while others rush as soon as they hear the bell, not wanting to be a second late. Jimin doesn't usually like to delay, afraid of being scolded, but today he has a strong urge to stay. He doesn't want to leave this moment. 

He doesn't want to leave Yoongi right now, as though he was afraid something would ruin his day as soon as they part. 

Yoongi stands up with Jimin, clearing his throat. "well.."

"well" Jimin repeats. " I guess I better go" He didn't want to go.

"yeah.. is it just one class?"

"double. unfortunately."

"oh, right. then... shall I wait for you at the bus stop? if you want me to?"

"of course! of course, I want you to" he replies hurriedly and Yoongi smiles at the way Jimin eyes light up. Naturally, he looks to Jimin's lips again (god, he can't help it!) but strangely enough Jimin does the same, until they turn away a second later in panic when a group of student passes by and so the younger finally comes to the conclusion that he should probably leave now.

"ok, I'll go first" Jimin says, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "don't wanna be late"

Yoongi nods understandingly, he slips his hands into his pockets while a smile tugs on his lips.

"See you later"