020

"Why did you kiss me?" Jimin asks, words shaking a little on the word kiss.

Yoongi has to look away at that. He suddenly feels too warm and can't look the boy in the eyes. He has to answer this time. He has to explain.

But how?

What does he explain?

"I mean, I didn't ask you to out just to interrogate you about this— if that's what you're thinking." Jimin says hurriedly. Yoongi didn't think that.

Ask you out.

"I just.... you said it was a mistake, and I'm not sure how... how that works."

"I don't know" Yoongi finally says after a long pause.

Is this the truth? Yoongi asks himself.

He hears a little "Huh?" Come from Jimin but he still can't quite look him in the eye.
"I mean, I don't really know why I did it."
he swears he sees Jimin slump back into his seat a little. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to act like that"

Jimin lets out a small "oh"

In all honesty, Yoongi can tell whether the younger sounded relieved or disappointed.

And with that, it looked as though the conversation was over. Yet the air still had not been cleared , perhaps more suffocating than before.

"Would you prefer if I forgot it ever happened?" Jimin asks, looking Yoongi in the eye. When Yoongi feels his gaze, he turns and somehow locks eyes with the younger, whether he wants to or not, and he can't seem to turn away. He isn't sure what Jimins stare mean.

Yoongi's eyebrows twitches slightly.

"Isn't that what you want?" Yoongi immediately regrets speaking instantly as something in his voice comes out a bit harsher than he wanted it to. He can definitely tell by the way Jimin frowns a little.

Jimin replies almost straight away with "is that what you thought I'd want?"

Is he.. angry at me?

"By the way you reacted," Yoongi says. "Kinda"

I thought he'd want to forget it.

Jimin opened his mouth to say something but a waiter with two smoothies came to the table and set the glasses down in front of them. Both Jimin and Yoongi thank him and take a sip each of their drink as if it would beat the awkwardness.

As Jimin wraps his sweater paws around his glass and sips through the straw, Yoongi steals glances at him. Jimin isn't as smiley as before.

The last thing he wanted was to ruin this date and upset Jimin.

But then Jimin takes his lips off the straw and a small smile appears again as he says "this is delicious". It doesn't look as genuine.

Is he ignoring the conversation we just had?

Yoongi watches him as he quietly sips on the drink, wondering if Jimin regrets meeting him.

" hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"It was my first kiss."