073

Yoongi sets his mug down on the coffee table in front of him, while Jimin wraps his hands around the mug that was resting on his knees.

The words 'I have something else to tell you' circles in Yoongi's mind. He's a little tense, he can't lie.

He wasn't sure what else to say apart from 'ok' – between the kitchen to the living room, Yoongi was now just waiting for Jimin to speak.

"You ok?" Yoongi asks, hesitantly, after Jimin doesn't break away from his gaze on the hot chocolate.

"Mm?" Jimin lifts his head and glances to Yoongi before immediately answering the question. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. I think. Well no– I am fine."

The older nods his head slowly. Jimin must have remembered what he should be talking about, and twists himself on the sofa ever so slightly, being careful enough to not spill his drink.
"Sorry I said that so suddenly, it's just that... there is something I avoided telling you but after today, I'm worried something else may happen"

Yoongi looks at him carefully. "What happened?"

"Ah.. Well, do you remember when I took those few days off?" Jimin asked, twidling his thumbs against the mug.

"Yeah. Because you injured your leg." Yoongi recalled the memory of meeting Jungkook in the hallway and asking where Jimin was. He was fairly sure that was what Jungkook had said– after all his memory isn't always 100% reliable.

Was that the something else? Something that Yoongi already knew?

Or was it that Jimin wasn't actually injured– did he fake it?

Don't be ridiculous! Yoongi scolded himself, why would he go through all that effort, limping around school?

"I really did have an injured leg, but it wasn't my fault."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"That student you saw in the corridor...he–"

"Did it?" Yoongi finishes, his brows twitching. He can't believe he was in front of this guy just moments ago– he suddenly wished that he had punched him in the face.

Hesitantly, jimin replied, "Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because I didn't want to worry you, or anyone. Seokjin and Jungkook don't know either, they just know I hurt my leg somehow. And, I don't know, I was just scared of the news spreading."

Then it was Yoongi's turn to hesitate. "So you decided to quit instead?"

Jimin looks at him. He nods.

Yoongi picks up his mug and takes an angry sip of hot chocolate (that was still too hot for his tongue), muttering 'If I see this guy again...'.

"Hyung, the reason I'm telling you this is because I don't want you to get stuck in this mess too. I'm worried that after today he's just going to target you."

"Whatever, I'll just–"

"Hyung!" It comes out more like a desperate plead, half whine. Jimin puts down his mug next to the other. "I'm serious. I quit because I couldn't do anything else. It wasn't even because I suck at dancing. I don't doubt that they would hurt you too and I don't want that! Please just don't do anything reckless and avoid them at all cost. Please promise me that you will do that"

Yoongi's gaze lingers on Jimin for moment, until he finally let's out a brief sigh. "Alright. I promise."

"Thank you" Jimin finally takes a small sip from his hot chocolate.