The Sun God

Third POV

"Still nothing?" Lizzie asked Josie as she finished reading another book of healing spells.

"There isn't one thing of hundreds of healing spells, that can bring him out of this," Josie told her sister.

"Well there must be something, maybe we can get into his mind and with MG's help, and speak to him," Lizzie suggested.

"I already tried that he has mental defenses against it," Josie said getting frustrated.

The whole school suddenly shook, and the twins went to the entrance of the school, where the rest of the super squad was gathering.

"You felt that too," Josie asked them.

"I think everybody in Mystic Falls felt that," Hope told her.

There was another tremor and and a flash of white lightning, and with another flash there was something in front of them.

It was humanoid and it was covered in armor.

"You know what I seek," it said in a metallic voice

"Are you another monster, looking for the key to Malivore," Alaric asked.

"I am no mere monster that you have faced," the monster spread his arms dramatically,"I AM RAIJIN THE GOD OF LIGHTNING," He yelled and white lightning exploded around him hitting anything that got within ten feet of him.

"You have one day to bring me the key, or death will follow," Raijin threatened then he was gone.

"We just can't get a break can we," Alaric said after they entered the school.

"How are we supposed to stop a god?" Hope asked, Dr. Saltzman.

"We don't know for sure that's what he is," He replied.

"Yeah we are," Dorian said showing the everyone the book he was holding, the picture in was a drawing of exactly what they just faced.

"Oh shit," Lizzie said.

Time skip

Ten hours of research later, Josie stumbled on something.

"Hey, dad I think I found something," She said getting his attention.

"This book says that Raijin was once defeated by a sun god that had fire in his eyes," Josie told him telling him the story, that she had just read.

"Okay, do we happen to know a sun god?" Alaric asked sarcastically.

"No but maybe a strong enough fire spell can hurt him," Josie suggested.

"That could work," Alaric said after a moment of thinking.

After another ten hours of planning, and practicing fire spells there was a flash of lightning and Raijin was back.

"Where is the key?" He asked.