Chapter 31

Jess's POV 

I made my way to Joy's room after school. I have been kind of distant with Jase and Joy lately. Although I know that I can trust both of them, I have so much going in my mind that I'm scared I'll spell everything if I open my mouth. Talking to Joy will also give me an idea of her kidnap. I placed a soft knock on the door and opened it once I heard a come in.

Joy and Jase were both there laying on the bed playing cards. "Hey Jess." Joy said warmly while Jase gave me a genuine smile. "Hello. I just came to talk because I was bored." And find some answers. "Come sit." Jase said patting on a place beside him and I did as told.

"So what did you want to talk about." He asked sitting up straight and I just shrugged. "What's bothering you Jess. You have been closed off lately." Joy asked softly. "It's just.... can you please tell me about your kidnap. Please." I asked moving closer to Joy. "Jem told you to drop it, Jess." Jase said sternly. "I know, I know. But I kind of figured out a pattern. I just need to know what happened to you during the time you were with the Swedish." I said slowly, making sure I didn't give any extra information.

"Jess, Jem has it all under control. You need to relax, why don't we go out and have ice cream." Joy suggested. "Increasing the number of guards doesn't mean that he has everything under control. Tell me who saved you." I asked in a low voice and darkened my eyes. "Don't you dare use that tone on me." Joy growled in a merciless voice.

"Enzo was the one saved Joy when she was in gun point. We all were there but he was the only one who could get to her. He was also the one who suggested that this is not the Russians doing," Jase said with pride in eyes. "Well shouldn't we all be grateful for Enzo's brains." I said in a calm voice. So only Enzo knew exactly where Joy was and got to her on the right time, not late by a second. He was also the one who convinced Jem that it wasn't the Russians, in short he diverted Jem.

"Jess I think you should clear your mind. Roam around the house, go to the gym. Don't go to library, you will fill your mind with bizarre mafia stuff and don't go out, it's too cold." Joy said , worry laced her tone. "Give me a hug flame." Jase said stretching his arms. "Flame?" I questioned his unusual nickname. "Yea well you have my temper." He replied and I gave him a tight hug.

After hugging Joy too, I left her room and went into mine. I grabbed my phone and dialed Aaron's number. "Hello Jess." He picked up in two rings. "Hey Aaron. I think I figured out who it is." I said and explained him about my recent findings. "I don't know Jess, are you sure it's him." He asked a bit doubtful.

"Yes I am." I replied confidently. "What about your cousins." He asked and I smirked. "Well I suspected them first. But for Joy's kidnap someone inside must be involved. My uncle and cousins are close but they wouldn't have had people inside the mansion." I explained.

"So you're sure about Enzo." He asked. "Actually before I confirm, can you please to me a favor." I asked formulating the next step. "Of course sweetheart." He replied. "Sweetheart?" I questioned my cheeks glowing red. "Yea, everyone calls you Jess, I'll call you sweetheart. Now what did you want me to do." He replied calmly not knowing the effect it had on me.

"Right.  You keep tabs on all the Mafia right." I asked. "Yes, as I said before, I tried gathering information about the Russians, but I couldn't access their security cameras." He said. "I don't want you look into the Russians. The clipping, it shows the exact timing of when the Enzo met the Russians. Can you see where all my brothers, including my cousins were during that time." I asked. "Yes, why didn't I think of that before. That's brilliant. I'll call after I find out." I replied.

"Thank you Aaron. It really means a lot." I said and hung up. The first question running in my mind was who the rat is, to which I'll know the answer soon. The next question was how I am going to save my mom. I know I wouldn't be able to do this alone, it's close to impossible. I'm not sure of asking Jem either.