Chapter 55

Jess's POV

"Mr. Giordano." A doctor walking to us, his face wrinkled and blank, the news he was carrying was not shown in his face.

We all held our breathes and send silent prayers above. "He is fine." Those words were like a healing balm. I felt relief spread through my body and I let out a sigh.

"In fact, he is awake."

Wait what.

"He wants to see you all, this amazing, many people tend to lose their memory when this drug is used." He said smiling. "Thank you doctor." Jem said shaking his hand. "You can go see him, he is out of danger." He said. "Dr. Davis, your presentation was fabulous, people are saying it's going to change a lot of perspectives in your field. Congratulations." He said looking at Rose. "Thank you, Dr. Adams, for everything." Rose replied with a smile.

With that he walked away leaving us with smiles. We all were rooted to our spot absorbing the intensity of the moment. He is awake. Oh my flipping god, he is awake. "What are you all standing here for." Tori asked bringing us back to earth. "Let's go see him." She said to Jule who was still carrying her. "Yes lets." Jem said, his was low.

We walked into the room holding our breaths. Jase came beside me and pulled me close to him by my shoulder like he needed someone to hold on. Sal and Joy walked behind us, clutching each other tightly. Enzo slowly turned us head to face us and gave a wide smile. Tori jumped down from Jule's arms and lashed her chubby hands around Enzo's neck. "I missed you." She mumbled smiling.

He pressed his cheek to hers and gave a warm smile. "What are you doing here Tori." He asked confused which Tori reciprocated and turned to Jem. "She will be with us." He said slowly and I didn't believe my ears. Didn't he say Astoria will be in foster care.

"How are you brother." Jem asked placing Tori on the bed, so she doesn't have to stand on her toes. "A bullet can not do me any harm." Enzo replied smiling. The next thing which happened caused me to cry. Jem pulled Enzo in tight as if he was going to disappear any moment. Tears trickled down his as he said phrases in Italian.

"Oh my god, I never taught this day will come." Sal whispered to me with a teary smile, resting his chin on my head. A click sound made us all turn our heads to Dylan. "What! I need something to black mail him with." He defended himself. "Send me the picture Dylan, I would need it more than you." She laughed as he titled the phone to show her. "I can make a meme out it." Marco said glancing. "Send it the group Dylan." He added. "If it leaks.." Jem said in warning tone.

"Ayy, send it to us too, even we need it." I said whining. "Rose, why are you looking at me as if I'm a murder." Enzo said looking at Rose who stood in the corner with her eyebrows scrunched. "No, it not that Enzo. I'm just trying to figure out how you are awake." She muttered. "How does it matter, he is awake." Jem said in a harsh voice which confused all of us. Jem never spoke to us in that way, especially to Rose, he was always calm and polite.

"But the-" "Were you fooling with us." Jem asked interrupting her. "Jem." Mom muttered in an unbelievable tone. Rose's eyes were wide and blazing with fire, turning a few shaded darker. "What. Are. You. Saying." She said through gritted teeth, her red hair added to her ferocious look. "You were telling that he has no motivation to live, and you were the reason we were scared to the core. He didn't need any of phycological perspective, Rose. I really don't understand why you did it." Jem said getting and walking towards her. Rose shook in anger while all our mouths dropped to the floor.

"James you're sounding bizarre right now." Dylan said, his voice hard and commanding. "Don't tell me what to do, Enzo won't be in this position if it wasn't for you." Jem said turning to Dylan while Sal gasped. "Are you mad." Jazz yelled with shocked look. "No James, he wouldn't have been in this position if you hadn't commanded me to do it." Dylan replied coldly, his eyes red.