Chapter 35

I laid down do my bed, enjoying the warmth of my pillow and watched the clock as seconds flew. Only the sound of the wooden clock's ticking was heard, while my mind was completely empty. We came back from Florida two days ago ad life is nothing like it used to be. If my brothers were over protective before then I don't know how to describe them now.

I'm only out of my room for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I'm not allowed to go to the garden, the stable or the gym. And here is the worst part, I'm not allowed to play basket ball for two months, two freaking months!! They treat like I'm a fragile china doll which will break any second. I'm bored to the core, all I have been doing is eat, watch Netflix and sleep. 

Jazz has gone to Canada the evening we came back, which was kind of a bomb for my siblings. She has been acting a lot weird lately. She is usually quiet but know she is just distant. We had few calls but it sounded like she wanted to be alone.

Enzo has been avoiding a lot, I only saw him once since I got back. Jase and Joy usually come after school and have a chat with me, to make me feel less bored. But I miss going to school, I miss Hayden's lame jokes, Grace's sarcastic comments, Soph's rants and Leo's... well, presence.

And my back, lord it's killing me. Yes I have got shot before, but that was not on the middle of my spine. Well I have used my free time to figure out how to save mom, but haven't been successful. Sneaking into the warehouses and dungeons are not exactly tp-ing a house. I don't know what to do, but what I do know is that I can't do it alone. I got to tell my brothers, at least Jem. 

I started at my celling, observing its smooth surface when the door flung open. "Jase.... never mind I give up hope." I muttered throwing my hands in air, not removing my gaze. "Oh you know me so well Jess." He chuckled and sat beside me. "How are you feeling." He asked softly ruffling my hair with a adoring smile. "Like shit." I said eyeing him. "Are you alright, should I call Jem." He asked getting up with a worried face. "Nooo." I hinted grabbing his arm. 

"I'm bored." I said. "Imagine you have 6 older siblings on your toes all the time, watching every single move you do and your forbidden from going outside the house and to the gym. The gym Jase, you of all should know how it feels. And then there is a stupid, annoying and extremely painful bullet hole on the middle of your spine which pains every time you move. And do you know who it feels when there is nothing to watch on Netflix become you watched everything that you have to repeat moves but you keep on skipping  forward making a two hours movie end in freaking 30 minutes." I ranted using my hands to express my feelings and constantly rolled my eyes.

I looked at Jase who was still as a stone, his lips slights parted and his eyes focused on me. And suddenly he burst out laughing. "Stop it idiot." I said slapping his hand which only made him fall off bed and roll on the floor, laughing even more harder. "Jason." I said gritting my teeth. "I - I'm  sorry, but - but - that was - lord - so fucking hilarious." He said wiping a lone tear from his eye.

"Can I ask you something brother." I asked slowly sitting up. "What is it baby." He asked sitting beside me again. "It's a hypothetical question, suppose your best friend betrayed you then what will you do." I asked slowly placing my words correctly. "Did someone betray you." He asked. "No, just answer the damn question." I said.

"Well it depends on the situation." He said shrugging his shoulders. "Well you play football right. For example one of your team players, who is also a very good friend of yours' betrays the team and goes and with your arc enemies, then what will you do." I asked. "Okay that has never happened, but if it does, I'll probably rip off his head." He answered throwing one of my cushions up and catching it. 

Well then telling you won't be a good idea then. "Listen Jess, betrayal is one of the worst sins in the world, especially if it is towards the people who care of you like your family or friends. That is something which has taught to us from day one." He said with a stern face and continued playing with the cushion. Well apparently not everyone.