Chapter 39

Jess's POV

The last bell rung signaling that school was over, much to my pleasure. I grabbed my bag and walked to the locker, it felt weird. Usually Grace and I used to walk together, it feels so gloomy that she is not there. I dropped my book in the shelves and slammed the locker close. It's nice coming back to school after a long time, but when the teachers give a hell lot of homework, you would wish otherwise. 

"Hey Jess, how was school." Soph asked walking beside me. "It was fine I guess." I replied casually. "I so glad you are back. It's nice not being the only girl in the gang." She chuckled. "Have you heard anything about Grace." I asked. "All I know is that she is ill with chickenpox, But it seems a bit fishy don't you think." Soph said, her mood changing completely. "Why do you think that." I asked with my eyebrows knitted.

"She was perfectly well that day in school. There was no symptoms or signs at all. The next day people say that she had chickenpox. Something doesn't add well." Soph said shaking her head. Soph is very analytic, nothing can get past her eyes. "That seems weird." I said nodding. "Hey girls." Hayden greeted us with his usual cheerful aura, Leo on his heel. "Whatcha talking about." He asked. "Grace." Soph replied curtly.

"What about Grace." Leo asked alarmed, looking directly in my eyes and shook my head ever so slightly. "The story of her having chicken pox just doesn't add up." Soph said. "How?" Hayden asked and Leo visibly calmed down. "I mean we were all with her that day and she was absolutely well." Soph said using her hands o emphasize her point. "Well sometimes, the person doesn't show symptoms." Hayden said unsure. 

"We were all with her Hayden, if she had it then we should have gotten the virus too." Soph said slightly annoyed. "Maybe she caught after she left school, I don't know. Stop worrying too much." Hayden said frustrated. It's not usual seeing Soph and Hayden in a bad mood, they are usually cheerful. "Cut it off both of you. I'm sure Grace would be back soon." Leo said, his dislike to this conversation was clearly seen. 

"And how do you know that." Soph asked in a loud voice that some people even looked in our direction. "Lower you tone and I just know. Now change the topic." Leo said getting pissed. "You don't order me Leo, I'm not your servant." Soph snarled. Okay this getting bad, really bad. "I didn't say that, did I." Leo whisper yells, his electric blue eyes darkening dangerously. "Quit this argument y'all." I said getting between the two of them. "Let's just calm down." I added.

The way outside the school building was made in perfect silence. I said my good-byes to Hayden and Soph and headed towards Jase's car. "That was tense, you need to know how to keep your cool." I said to Leo who was walking beside me. "It just feels weird without her." Leo said averting his gaze. "I know, it's like something is incomplete. I miss her sarcastic comments." I chuckled sadly. "They would find her, won't they Leo." I asked looking at him with hope filled eyes but like before her shifted his eyes away from mine. 

"I don't know." He whispered, tears threatening to wall from his eyes. "Jem said he is doing his best." Leo added. "Let's hope everything happens well." He said as we leaned asked Jase's Lamborghini. "I don't like to just sit and hope, my hands are aching to do something." I said fisting my palms. "You have done enough. It's up to Jem now." Leo said opening my palms. 

"Hey guys." Joy said as she and Jase walked into the view. "Bad day at school?" Jase asked as he eyes as both carefully. "No it was fine." Leo answered for both of us curtly. "We are dropping you today Leo, get in the car" Joy said to Leo who nodded.

We got inside the car, Jase and Joy in front while Leo and I sat in the back. "You both are awfully quiet today, is everything alright." Jase asked. "Just in thoughts." I replied. "It's about Grace isn't it." Joy said turning to look at us. "Kinda. We just miss her a lot." Leo said with a slight pout. "I can't reassure you that everything is going to be fine, but everyone is trying, Jem and the others are doing there best." Joy said while we both nodded.