Chapter 9

Jess's POV.

I cuddled up in my warm bed as I exhaled a sigh of boredom. After breakfast, no one bothered me, everyone went back to their own routine. Jem, Jule and Jazz were at work, Joy went out with her friends leaving only Jase with me. I rather spend me day dying in boredom other than  spending the day with that bull.

Suddenly my bedroom door swung open and my annoying brother stood at the doorway. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear himself." I muttered through gritted teeth. "What did you say." he asked harshly leaning against the wall. "Haven't you ever heard of a knock."I asked sitting up.

"Oh I don't knock." he said with his award winning smirk.

"Right, I forgot that you don't have basic manners." I spat back at him, for which I received an eye roll.

"Come out of your room." He said, which was more like an order.

"I don't want to." I replied. "Come out of your room Jess, you have been locked up in this room since all morning and it's almost dinner time now." He said, I didn't even know he cared for me.

"I have nothing to do, you can continue with whatever you were doing." I said. "I'm going to the garden and you are coming." He said sternly. "No." I said and turned my face to the other side.

Jase huffed and and took two long strides to reach my bed. I still had my face turned to the other side when two strong hands pulled me up and hoisted me on his shoulder.

"Put me down, Jason." I shouted but of course my calls were ignored. He carried me to me closet and put me down. "Grab a coat, it's cold outside. And don't argue with be Jess, I don't take no for an answer." He said. "Of course you don't, you are Jason Giordano." I said with a eye roll and grabbed a navy blue sweater.

"Good girl, now lets go." He said and put a hand around my shoulder. I once again rolled my eyes and walked out my room. "You know, if you keep on rolling your eyes it will get stuck, one day." he said with his annoying smirk. "Whatever." I muttered through gritted teeth.

We went outside the house and our housekeeper had packed us hot chocolate, how sweet. Jase and I had our hands in our pockets and silently admired the beauty of nature. The flowers in the garden was so mesmerizing, it helped calm my mind. but it also reminded me of my mom, she loved flowers alot.

We slowly walked towards the cherrytree and sat on the bench in front on it. I had my back turned towards Jase but i can felt his gaze burning holes in my back. "You look so much like mummy"he said in such a soft whisper, which I barely heard. "What did you say." I asked turning towards him. "Nothing." He said returning back to his scenes.

I nodded and didn't ponder more on the topic, who knew the Jason Giordano was such a softy. We sat under the tree listening to the wind's music. "Can you talk something." I asked. "I want to show you something." He said and got up. 

"What do you want to show me." I asked. "Just get up." He said and pulled my hand. We walked towards the large fountain which stood at the middle of the garden, light pink and white roses circled around it. Four white marble lions facing each directions stood on the top of the  fountain. 

"uhh, Jase....this is really pretty, but I have already been here...." I said confused. "Wait here." He said with a beautiful smile on his face. He climbed on the base of the fountain and reached the mouth of the lion facing us, thanks to his towering height. 

He put his hand inside it's mouth and pulled out something which looked like a box. He jumped back to the ground and took two long strides towards me. As I guessed it was small navy blue leather box, what was it doing inside a fountain.