A chapter which is not a chapter

Third person's POV

"Hello, Rose." Jem greeted her after she picked up the call. "Hey James." She replied, her voice was music to his ears. "Are you free now?" He asked as he absorbed the sight of the city from his office. "Yea, why?" She asked doubtfully. "Meet me at the park soon would you." He said and hung up immediately leaving Rose puzzled and lightly mad for the abrupt end.

Sighing, she grabbed her coat and car keys, driving off to their usual spot. Jem grabbed the small box his mom had given him in the morning and went down to the basement. A wide smile stretched his face as he drove off. His mind drifted back to the morning, to Jazz's words, and the conversation he had with his mom after that.

(In the morning, after Gym.)

Jem was in his room getting ready for the hustle of the day when a knock was placed on the door. "Come in." He replied thinking it was probably Jul but was taken back when he saw Natalia standing there. "Mom, what are you doing here." He asked as he tied his tie. "Seeing my son, this room hasn't changed much." She said as she looked around with a small smile. It made come as shock to many, but Jem's room was in warm earth color, a combination of beige and brown.

"Do you what to talk to me about something." He asked still confused by his mom's sudden appearance. "Yes actually. Why don't we sit." She said and Jem nodded as he sat on his chair while Natalia sat on his bed. "Let's play a game, I say a word and you say the word which comes to your mind immediately okay?" She stated. "Where is this coming mom." He asked as he chuckled at this childish game. "Just do as I say Jem." She replied to which he nodded.

(The bold is Jem and the italics are Natalia)

"Flowers."

"Garden"

"Waterfall"

"Water"

"Pranks"

"Leo"

"Friend."

"Dylan."

"Advisor."

"Jazz."

"Laugh."

"Joy."

"Marriage."

"Love."

"Love."

"Rose."

The reply was in a fraction of a second, taking Jem by surprise as he knitted his brows. He knew he loved Rose and she replicated his feeling, but was he ready for marriage?

Natalia's face lightened up with a smile as she looked at her son with pure Joy. "I'm glad." She said causing Jem to meet her eyes. "This was the ring your father proposed with, it was your grandmother's." She said as she placed a Bulgari ring box in my hand. "I want you to have in now." She said as Jem opened the box ad his lips parted seeing the jewel inside it.

The band was platinum, a bright, and slightly big emerald was placed in the center, with silver lines studded with diamond surrounding it.

"Mom, I don't know if I'm ready yet or if Rose is." Jem said closing the box and looking at his mom with doubtful eyes. "Trust me, you both are. You both have always behaved like a married couple." She said to which he smiled slightly. "I'm not telling you to propose to her today itself, I'm just giving you to say that you have my blessings, and after the morning fiasco, I think everyone's." She said causing Jem to laugh.

"Just think about it." Natalia said getting up and Jem mirrored her actions. "Thank you, momma." He said as he hugged her, smiling the little plan running in his head. "Now, I won't waste any of your precious time, have a good day at work, don't fire anyone." She said as she placed a kiss on his forehead. "I'll try." He chuckled and Natalia.