Chapter 15

Jess POV

I jolted up awake, droplets of sweat lining my forehead. The same incident repeated like a tape recorder in my mind. Those men chasing me, the bullet hitting my shoulder and the poor little boy getting shot on his head and dying instantly in front of my eyes.

I ran to the bathroom and splashed ice cold water on my face. I slowly lifted my gaze to the mirror and saw a crumbled and broken girl looking back at me. I ran my hand through my knotted hair as I tried to get rid of the horrifying memory.

The scenario was constantly playing on my head. They men in black were chasing me and the sound of bullets firing echoed in my mind and I tightened the grip on my hair as I tried to ground myself. The tears I had been holding back escaped my eyes and combined with the water droplets on my face.

The motorcycle's sound resonated in my head and I shut my mouth tightly to prevent myself from screaming. The motorcycle.... motorcycle.... red eyes..... Wolves.... symbol. 

My eyes sprung open as realization hit. The symbol of the Russians was marked in the motorcycles. I was chased by the freaking Russian Mafia. Oh my God, who am I.

'It must be a misunderstanding, the symbol might have multiple meanings.' I said to myself trying to calm down. But I knew that this was no co-insistence, I need to find out what my family is hiding from me.

I washed my face again and slowly walked to my bed as I tried to let the new information sink in. I let my hand roam my night table to search for my phone to check the time. 2:00 a.m. great, just great.

I exhaled a sigh of exhaustion and laid down, cuddling my sheets. Every time I close my eyes the same movement takes place. Knowing I couldn't sleep I grabbed my room and walked out. Knocking on the nearest room which was Jase's I stood outside and tapped my foot impatiently.

After a few seconds the handle turned and a very angry Jase swung the door. Maybe I should have knocked on someone else's and not the bull.

"Is this your idea of getting revenge." I snarled in a husky voice. 

"Huh, what revenge." I asked confused with my right eye brow lifted.

"You know, the time I in your words, rudely, woke you up in the garden." He said rolling his eyes.

"Ohhhhh..." I dragged as I realized, ya I need to plan a nice prank on him. "No... I actually had a nightmare and I'm scared to sleep alone." I mumbled dropping my head. It felt awkward to admit your fears to someone, even it was your brother.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and pull me closer. I smiled lightly and hugged him back. "Come in." He said and opened the door widely, wrapping an arm he pulled me inside. 

Jase's room was like a typical bad boys room. Blackish blue paint colored the walls, and band posters littered them. A huge bed was right in the middle of the room, and a flat tv was hung in opposite to it. 

A few wall hangings of cars and guitars decorated the room and some photos were scattered. I averted my eyes to his nightstand which was incredibly messy, but a certain photo made my eyes turn into the size of saucers.

I picked up the photos and held it tightly afraid that it might fall. My mom and dad stood in the middle and Jem behind them, in the middle. Jazz and Enzo stood next mom who was carrying the toddler Jase. Jule and Sal stood beside my dad who was carrying a one year old me. Jule was trying to hold a very very hyper Joy.

My eyes were fixed upon my dad. It was the first time I saw him, the first time I saw my whole family. Everyone one had smiles plastered on their faces, even Enzo looked happy. "It was the last photo that we took as a family." Jase's voice said behind me.