Chapter 56

Jess's POV

I gripped Enzo's hand tightly as we walked towards the mansion. The sun was shining in all its glory right above the mansion, making the structure look glorified. My family huddled together as we climbed up the stairs. Enzo's eyes never left the mansion, a feeling of satisfaction and calmness seemed to radiate from him.

"Jem, can we please reconstruct the house. I can't climb a hundred steps." Sal complained from behind. "How unfit are you, Salvatore." Jase said rolling his eyes as he and Joy raced to the top like a bunch of five-year-old. "Shut your large mouth, Jason." Sal called out, pissed. "It really isn't that hard Sal." Astoria said as she followed behind Jase. "You can do it." She said giving him a thumbs up and a toothy smile.

"Thank you, bambina, only you seem to support me." Sal said as he climbed the last step. "Jem, please take my plea in consideration." Sal said turning to Jem, who was waiting patiently for us and had an amused look on his face.

"I'm so glad you are back, Enzo." I whispered as I turned a deaf ear to Jase and Sal's argument. I had to crane my neck to look at him, and the blinding sunlight was not helping my case. "I am too." He replied with a wide smile. "It's good to have all my kids back." Mom exclaimed, wrapping her hand over Marco and Joy. "The family feels complete. After a very long time." Uncle Stephen said smiling. "Dom will be content now." He added and a peaceful silence overtook us.

I have never met my dad. It hits hard, yes, but I think I have learnt to live with it. After all that has happened, I am just grateful for what I have, my greatest gift and treasure, my family. "Can we all please go inside." Tori asked in a small voice. She shielded her face with her hands, and I have never seen a kid so adorable.

"Yes, Tori-bear, let's get you hydrated." Mason said as he lifted her up and headed inside, his cheerful mood had bought back the happy spirit. We all trailed after him and Enzo took his own time observing every detail of the house.

Everyone filled the living room, falling on the couches as exhaustion took over us. Astoria was the only one who seemed to have the energy as she kept running around the house, laughing at the smallest of jokes. "It's good to hear a child's laughter fill the house." Aunt El said and everyone agreed, their eyes shining with admiration and love.

"We need to announce our decision to the mafia." Jule said turning to Jem. "We will, I need to take care of some legal procedures first." Jem replied as he watched Tori run around. "I'll adopt her." Enzo said sitting upright making our head snap in his direction.

"What." Jazz questioned lifting her perfectly arched brow. "I'm of legal age, I have a stable career with or without the Mafia, and as Rose said I need to keep my mind occupied and what better way is to do that than taking care of a child." Enzo explained more like rapped. "Enzo taking care of a child is not some distraction." Aunt El said still in shock.

"No I know. I really love her with all my heart, so please." He said searching our eyes. "I mean she is gonna be with us no matter who ever adopts her, so I don't see a problem." Joy said slowly. "I just want to play with her every day, so I don't care which one of you adopts her." Jase said pulling Tori into a hug.

"We'll see after you have completely recovered." Jem said leaving no room for discussion. Enzo's shoulders slumped back in defeat and a blanket of silence was thrown in the room. "Oh, Jule and I were planning to paint my room's ceiling, does anyone want to join." I asked trying to ease the tension. "We have people to do that Jess." Jem said shaking his head. "I'm aware, I just want to do it myself." I answered.

"I'll join, I have a few designs from Pinterest." Joy said smiling. "I would love to, but if I do, well, let's not go there." Sal said. "I can join, and I'll take all the embarrassing photos of Jase." Leo said with a smirk. "Why are you always targeting me, go annoy Sal or something." Jase said flipping his head. "I have a few decisions to make, I'll join once I'm done." Jazz said. "Jem?" I asked, to which he seemed surprised. "You want me, to paint." He said confused to which I shrugged.