Chapter 36

Jess's POV

"So what's the plan." I asked after my mind has gone on a journey of all the worse events that could happen. "I don't know." Jem said holding his head in his hands and let out a long exhausted breath. I looked at him in sympathy, maybe if I tell him what I found he will be a bit more okay. 

How can a person be okay when he finds out his own brother is behind this.

Shut up. 

No I'm talking sense, he will be more devastated. 

"Okay I'll be off, and you can discuss all about school drama." He said getting up. "God, I wish I could go back to those days." He whispered and pulled both Leo and I in a bone crushing hug. "Ya Jem we love you too, but we can't breath." I said but he only tightened it. "Love you too brother, but I don't think we can survive this." Leo followed being dramatic as usual.

"Have you ever taught about joining theatre Leo." Jem joked after he let us go and Leo rubbed his neck while Jem chuckled and left my room.

"What the hell, how could they kidnap Grace. I mean we are talking about the Grace DeLuca. And why would they, she is not involved in this at all. What if they starve her or worse what if they torture her. I don't want think about what they will do to her." Leo ranted running a hand down his face.

"Calm down Leo, we can figure it out." I said talking a deep breath and pacing around my room. "You pace around when you are nervous." Leo said from behind me. "We both don't know what to do, it's more than what your hands can hold." Leo said. "I have known Grace since kindergarten, she is one of my best friends, Jess we have to tell Jem." He said.

I might have known her only for  few months but Grace and I have become so close, it's like she is my twin sister. I know telling Jem is the only way but I'm sure figure out something if I have time, which I don't. "We can probably skip the Enzo part and tell him everything else." He said. "We are talking about Jem, James Giordano, if we start telling him, he'll make us tell everything else." I explained.

"It's worth a try, look if your mom is there, the we can't waste more time. Jess the Russians have a very very brutal way of torture, they don't go lightly on anyone. We have. to. tell. Jem." Leo said pausing to emphasize the irony of the situation. 

"I don't know about this." I said nervously. "We can do this come on." He said heading to the door and holding it open. I grabbed my laptop an d walked slowly outside. "What are you doing." Sal appeared in front of us and smiled sweetly. "We are - I don't know, going to see Jem." Leo explained scratching his neck while Sal raised his eye brow suspiciously.

"Sal I'll explain everything later, but right now we have to see Jem. I promise I'll tell everything later." I said grabbing Leo's hand and rushed in the other direction. I walked up the stairs to the third floor and doubted every step I took. "This is it." I said when I stood in front of his large black door. "We can do this." I said to myself and cracked my neck.

"I don't like his office it gives me creeps." Leo said tilting his head. "You are not the only one." I replied nodding my head. "Are you both going to stand there or are you coming inside." Jem's voice started us both. "That man is so creepy." Leo muttered. "Thank you Leonardo." Jem said again from inside. 

"Let's go in." I said opening the door and visibly stiffened because of the dark color. "You are in terrible need of a room décor." I said eyeing the room. "Yes I heard your criticism." He replied casually. "Now what can I help you with." He asked sitting more comfortably in his chair. "We need to tell you something." Leo started. 

"Well go on." Jem said when none of us continued. "Jem." I said walking forward. "Promise me that you will listen to what I say without getting mad, and with an open mind." I said slowly and looked into his eyes. "Okay." Was his curt reply.