Chapter 18

Jess's POV

"Hey cousin." Leo greeted me as I closed my locker. "Hey." I replied with a small smile. Finally I made through one week of the hell hole. Leo and I walked to parking lot chattering about how our day was. Leo and I have become more close, we both have the same character and he has been more open than he was before.

It has been 2 weeks since I had the *decent talk* with my siblings. Things have been alright, to say the least. Jem and Jule are mostly working and barely see them. Jazz spends sometime with me but sometimes she leaves to the hospital for emergencies, not that I'm complaining, I really admire the work she does. 

I haven't seen Enzo in a long time. He left to London, saying he has some business to attend to. Sal is usually busy with collage but he makes time for me and we had a fair share of movie marathons. Jase and Joy are always with me, be it school or home. I go jogging around the mansion with them so it helps us bond more and our love for sports makes it better.

I have got much better at basketball and soccer thanks to the twins training. Our coach is also wonderful, but considering that it was one of the most prestigious private school in the country, I'm not surprised.   

It's Sal's birthday day after tomorrow, and I have no clue on what to buy him. Keeping that thought in mind, I leaned against the car and Leo did the same. "Why are you still here, I mean not in a bad way, shouldn't you get going." I asked turning to Leo. "I want to see Joy." He said with a small smile.

"You have your thinking face on." He said tilting his head. "Whatcha you thinking." he asked clicking to his tongue. "Sal's birthday is coming up and I don't know what to buy." I said and he nodded his head. "Hey Jess, Leo." Jase said circling circling his keys on his finger. "Leo it's been a while." Joy said and hugged him.

"Right you're coming with us." Jase said. "No, mom told she'll pick me up." Leon said confused. "Actually Jem called everyone to the mansion, Aunt El said it's fine if you come with us." Jase said as he got in his Lamborghini. 

We all got in the car and hit the road. "So how was your day." Joy asked turning to face us. "Fine." "Okay." Leo and I answered. "How was yours." I asked. "It was like school." Joy said shrugging her shoulders while Jase, Leo and I chuckled.  

We reached home shortly takes to Jase's wonderful speed. A few back cars were parked in the driveway and my curiosity grew. We headed to the living room and  my whole family was present. I have never seen this room so full. Even my cousins were here, my eyes travelled to a women with midnight black hair and green eyes, she was absolutely gorgeous. 

"Jess, how much have you  grown." She said and cupped my face looking into my eyes. I missed that kind of motherly touch. She hugged my tightly and I slowly hugged her back. "Well you probably don't know me, I'm Elena, you can call me El." She said with a smile on her face.

"Aunt El, we are also here." Jase said waving his hand. She chuckled and went and hugged him him and then Joy. "Well since we all are here, we have to discuss something." Jem said getting up. "Um, where is Sal." I asked searching the room. "He is not her." Enzo said. I lifted my eyebrows not understanding what's going on. 

"Sal's birthday is in two days, and we are having a surprised birthday party for him." Jem said and nodded my head understanding. "Well since he will be turning 20, we usually have a business party." Jem continued. "But it's his 20th birthday right, shouldn't it be a bit fun. A business party sounds a bit formal, don't you think." I said as politely as I could.

A business party, for a your 20th birthday, what could be more horrendous. "That's exactly what I said, but not so politely." Jazz said. "We can use this opportunity to mingle with our business associates." Jem said in a stern voice.