Chapter 54

Jess's POV

It was nice being back home, but for some reason I'm not content. It's evening now and as planned we all are going to see Enzo at the hospital, but currently I'm lying on my bed gazing at the ceiling. It doesn't feel like home, everyone is so close yet so far. Even when I was in Russia, I felt like my family was close with me but now it just feels weird.

"Hey" Jule said poking his head through the door. "Hi." I responded not shifting my gaze. "How are you feeling." He asked softly. I shut my eyes tightly in annoyance. I'm not a fragile China doll, I'm not going to break any second. "Good." I replied after swallowing the sharp words I was going to say. "You don't look good." Jule said sitting beside me. "You really know how to make a girl smile." I said laughing lightly.

"It feels weird, doesn't it." He said lying down beside me. "Yea" I dragged. A minute of silence passed, we both were lost in our thoughts. "It's like everything feels empty. Everyone's in their own world and even though I have only been here for a few hours, I feel as in years have passed." I said analyzing the ceiling.

"The ceiling is so..." Jule dragged twisting his head in a different angle. "Plain." We both concluded at the same time and then erupted in laughter. "It feels so good to laugh." I said once I caught my breath. "We need to do something about the ceiling though." Jule said a wide smile on his face. "How about we chose a design and I'll ring the painting company." Jule said sitting up. "No. We'll paint by ourselves." I said sitting crossed legged.

"Jess not all of us have your artistic talents." Jule said. "It's been so long since I painted and it's never too late to learn Julian." I said, excitement running through my veins. Jule twitched his face in displeasure and looked the other direction. "Please Jule, it will be so much of fun. Come on don't be a party popper." I exclaimed shaking his arms. "Okay, okay." He laughed. "Run along, tell the others." He said waving his hand.

"I'm not a dog." I said with fake seriousness. "Aren't you." He got up and patted my head, messing it up in the process. Flipping his hand off and smoothing my hair, I got up and stuck my tongue out in a childish way which caused him to laugh even more.

"What are you both laughing about." Jase said entering my room. "Everything can change in the world, but you will never know how to knock." I joked causing him to roll his eyes and smirk. "We were discussing about painting the ceiling." Jule answered his question.

"That's sounds like a lot of fun." He said, sarcasm dripping in his tone. "You can discuss in the car, Jem is calling us down." Jase informed and muttering something about how he is a messenger for everyone. "Don't get so pissed little bro." Jule said patting Jase's head and walked out.

"I know my hair is gorgeous and that you are jealous, but keep your filthy hands off it." Jase yelled. "Jase are you blind." I asked. "Shut up." He whispered and pushed me out of my room.

Climbing down the stairs I saw that my whole family was gathered. "Jess you are spending too much time with Jase, you are late." Joy said as I reached down to which Jase rolled his eyes. "Are you well rested Jess?" Rose asked, her usual soft smile on her face. "Yes. And you." I asked knowing that she was more sleep deprived than me. "I'm good. Where's Astoria." She asked turning to Jem. "Sleeping." He answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Why do ask." He asked. "You all mentioned that Enzo was close to her and the past year, he was mostly away from here so maybe he'll wake up if she there." Rose explained.

"So Enzo is close to her than he is to us." Joy asked in a hurt tone. "No dear, I don't know. But it's no harm to try." She reassured. "Okay. Dylan you are close to her, why don't you go wake her up." Jem said nodding to his friend who nodded and climbed up.