Chapter 24

Jess's POV

I paced around my room, my eyes glued to the floor. I have therapy with Rose in about half an hour and to be honest I'm scared. Opening up to a completely new person is not something I look forward to. Even if Rose was Jem and Jazz close friend, I just don't trust her yet.

A harsh knock was placed on my door and my door swung open. I looked up and scowled at Enzo who just entered my room. "What I knocked." He protested after looking at me. "I give up hope." I said rolling my eyes and continued pacing around my room. "What are you doing." He asked as his eyes travelled where foot went. 

"Gardening." I replied not taking my eyes of the floor. "Are you nervous." He asked. "No." I lied and continued walking in circles. "You know if you keep walking you're gonna get dizzy." He said. "Wonderful, I'll faint and this therapy session will never happen." I replied, shit, I just gave away. 

"If it helps, I had therapy sessions to." He said and stopped right on my track. "Really, how was it, do they ask a lot of questions, are they judgmental, are they evil." I asked everything in one breath. "Okay one question at a time." He said placing his hands on my shoulders and I had to crane my neck to meet his eyes, God why is he so tall.

"Firstly Rose is not evil." He said squinting is at my choice of words. "And you will love Rose, she was the one who taught me to ground myself after dad died." He said. "Everyone has different ways to grief, I just barked at everyone and shut myself from the world, she was the one who showed me light." He said, his eyes showing sadness.

"Jem has great trust on Rose, she is basically family, she was there when you were born and used to love playing with her hair when you were a baby." He said with a small yet sweet smile. "She was there when we taught you how to walk, she stuck with us through thick and thin. I really mean it when I say, I trust her with my life." He said. "She sound nice, but I just can't open up to her." I said.

"Who said you have to open up to her now itself." He said with his eyebrows knitted while I looked at him confused. "You can open up to her whenever you want, she is very patient." I said with admiration. "You adore her a lot." I said. "Yes I do." He replied with a genuine smile. "You should smile often." I commented. "Do you know, Rose was Jem's girlfriend." Enzo said with a sly look and my mouth hung open.

"Oh my god." I screamed gleefully. "Jem... like Jem, Jem." I asked still not being able to process the information. "Yes, Jem and Rose dated since freshmen year." He said with his own smile. "You said 'was', what happened." As soon as I asked this, his smile flatten. "They dated all through collage, and I was surprised they made long distance work, but after dad died, Jem broke up with her." He said. "Why." I asked confused, if they had a relationship that long, then one can easily say it's Love.

"Jem became closed off after dad died, he took over the company and the Mafia, he didn't want any distractions. But I know he loves her, he wanted to protect her, you know from the underworld and all." He said and I nodded. I can't believe that my older brother was in a relationship.

"Anyway enough of Jem, will you be fine." Enzo asked with concern. "Yes, if you all trust her, then I do to." I replied nodding and he gave me a small smile. "So who is driving me to Rose's clinic." I asked.

"Actually Rose is coming here, Jem didn't want you to leave the house, safety reasons, The Russians have increased their.....activities." He said. "Dress in something warm, Rose is an outdoor person and loves any type of weather." He said looking outside my window. "Even November." He muttered sarcastically making me laugh lightly.

"I better pull my sweater." I said and went inside my closet. Running my hand through my clothes, I wonder how I could make it right between Rose and Jem. I'm not a big love expert or anything, I just want my brother to be happy and Rose sounds like a wonderful women.