Chapter 42

Jess's POV

I snapped out of my dreamless sleep when I felt a sharp pain erupt on the side of my head. Groaning, I lifted my head and observed where I was. The room was similar to the one I previously was in, but this was more darker and the strong smell of blood, sweat and death, made want to puke out off what was there in my stomach, which wasn't much.

My eyes drifted to the man standing behind me, he like everyone else here was wearing black t-shirt and pants. His bald head was filled with droplets of sweat and his cold grey eyes were lifeless. "Have you ever learnt how to wake up a person." I asked in a bitter sweet tone only to get a punch on my already bruised cheek.

I bit my bottom lip, to stop me from groaning and also to control my anger. I lifted my head which hung on the side because of the force of the punch, and glared at the pig standing in front of me. "You fucking pig." I growled. "Where is Grace." I demanded. Usually I'm not a girl who goes on swearing, I usually give a sassy comeback, but this situation is an exception.

"Always straight forward and demanding." A cold voice entered the prison. "Why do always come out of no where, fucking creep." I said, shooting him one of my darkest glares. "Language little one, you're brothers won't be very fond." he said in his deep Russian accent. "Speaking of your brothers, I have planned a small surprise for you." He said a evil smirk forming on his sculpted face.

"Are you jump of a cliff, that would be the best surprise ever." I said grinning widely. "Unfortunately I can't make you that happy." He replied. "Your surprise should arrive in about... 3.." He glanced at his Patek Philippe watch and started a countdown, making me roll my dull eyes in annoyance. 

"2....1.. surprise!!" He said as a new figure walked inside. The light was very dim, so it was hard for me to figure who it was, but my guts told that one of my biggest fears is going to become true. "How to you like your surprise Jessica." He said as the new man stepped in front of the light. Nikolai was laughing his evil laugh and I swear to god, if my hands aren't tied, I would have broken his jaw. 

"Something I have known for months can't be called a surprise, Nikolai." I said in the most obvious tone, as Enzo stepped into the light. My face was blank, one can even say devilish. But my heart stung as I saw my big brother standing there, siding with the person who tortured me to the core. Honestly, the pain of the whip lashing on my naked back wasn't as painful as seeing one of your own blood standing there not effected by anything.

"Lorenzo, what a pleasure to see you here brother." Spat, my eyes going cold as ice, but Enzo didn't utter a word. He just stood there, his beautiful hazel eyes were in the darkest shade of brown and were hard as rock. "How did you figure it out." Nikolai asked, his face held pure confusion.

Now it's my turn to laugh, so I laughed. I laughed thinking about the situation I was in, away from home, away from the people I love. My brother standing in front of me, not bothered if I'm well or not, my mother might have been tortured to death, I laughed, it was like the whole universe was mocking me, throwing it on my face.

I must have looked like a manic, so I controlled myself. "You might be smart, but I'm ten times more smarter than you asshole." I said through gritted teeth. It must have looked like a switch was turned on, making me go back to the devil mode. "Your forgetting a very important piece of information, Yahontov." I said and visibly saw his mind racing with thoughts. 

The best way to torture a person is not with knives or guns, yes they do cause immense pain but words cut deeper than knifes and bullets (ahhh Shawn Mendes!!!), so I made sure to get into Nikolai's ego, to show who is more powerful here, which obviously is me. The Russians know me as the Italian Mafia Princess not as Elenore, an assassin in the underworld, for know it is an advantage.