Chapter 20

Jess's POV

I was shaking. Why? Because it was a cold day and I forgot my jacket. I wish that was the case. It was my first match in this school. To say that I was nervous was an understatement, I am terrified. What if we lose because of me, what if someone gets hurt because of me.

With these 'what ifs' rushing in my mind, I stared at the beige kitchen wall. "Jess." A voice spoke. "Earth to Jessica." Enzo said shaking my shoulder. I blink rapidly to come into reality. "What happened." Sal asked as he took a sip of his green smoothie. Eww

"I was thinking." I said. "Don't think that thing in front of me." I said scrunching my nosing. "Why." Sal asked with amusement. "Because it's green." I said disgusted, Enzo chuckled beside me. "Green is healthy." He said smirking. "Green is gross." I said getting pissed. 

"Okay, I'll go." He said getting up and leaving the kitchen. Sal is the sweet and calm brother, the who doesn't argue with me, unlike Jase and Enzo, who argue with me for every single thing. "Sup." Jase's voice entered the kitchen, speak of the devil. He went straight to fridge and drank milk, directly from the bottle. How gross can my brother be.

"Ever heard of a cup Jase." I asked after he emptied half a bottle. "Cups are too small for me." He replied with his usual smirk. I turned my head to Enzo, and he too wore his pathetic smirk. "Why do you both always have that annoyingly disgusting smirk on your face." I spat angerly. 

"Forgot about that, what were you thinking." Enzo asked, his features turning serious. "Ya, you are pale." Jase joined the conversation. I stared at both of them furiously, but knowing that I would never win this fight, I gave in.

"I'm nervous for the match." I whispered and lowered my head, expecting them to laugh. All I heard was perfect silence, I lifted my head and saw both of them looking at me with a straight face, "Are you not going to laugh." I asked shocked. Knowing Enzo and Jase, they both would have been rolling on the floor from laughter.

"Why would we." Jase asked coming behind my chair, and squeezing my shoulders. "Jess it's completely normal to be nervous before a game." Enzo said placing his hand on mine. "I used nervous before all my games in high school." He said. "Me too, even if I'm the captain of the lacrosse team, I still get nerves." Jase wrapping his arms around my neck and placed his chin on top of head.

"You both get nervous." I asked surprised, to which they both chuckled. "Hard to believe, but yes." Enzo said. "And you are a skilled and experienced player, you'll do good." Jase said pulling me even more close to him and I squeezed his forearm. 

"I know, but it's my first game in this school, and I really don't want to mess up." I said honestly. "You won't." Enzo said firmly. "Besides the whole family will be rooting for you, even Uncle Stephen and El will be there." Jase said. "Wonderful." I said worriedly, this only added to my nervousness. The fact that I might embarrass myself in front of my whole family was terrifying. "Relax Jess." Jase tightening his hold on me. 

"You are going to choke her Jase." Enzo warned. "I will not." Jase replied and placed a kiss on my head. "You will do great." Enzo reassured me. "And one of your friends is one the team right." Jase asked. "Ya, Grace, she's great." I said, Grace is an amazing at sports, she has an eagle's eye, never misses a catch.

"How about you go visit the horses, they'll help you calm down." Enzo suggested and I nodded. "Thank you." I said hugging Jase first and then Enzo. It was really sweet of them to talk to me. With that I went to the stables, the wind stared getting colder and made goosebumps raise on my skin. 

I saw Jule grooming Autumn as I entered. He looked like a typical country boy in this attire and had a small smile on his face. "Hey there Jule." I greeted him and walked towards him. "Hey sweetheart, how are you before the game." He asked sending me one his sweet smiles. "Nervous, terrified." I replied nodding my head.