Chapter 19

Jess's POV

It was early evening now, and everything was finished. The cake was amazing, it was a dark chocolate cake with mint frosting. Chocolate ganache was dripping over it and to top it off, a bit of whipping cream decorations filled the right side while the left side the mint frosting was visible, a single candle was placed in the center. 

The pie came out amazing, it was simple and classic. It was topped with burnt marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. If my dream of becoming a lawyer doesn't turn out well, then I'll start my own bakery.

"Jem call Sal and tell him to come home." Jazz said as she took a picture of the decorations and food. "The place looks wonderful, not bad boys." Aunt El said patting Jem and Jase's back. "Mom we are men." Mase whined like child. I swear he is like a five year old trapped in the body of a 20 year old man. "I can become an interior designer if I don't do business." Leo said proundy looking at his work.

Honestly the hall looks amazing. It had dark blue, silver and black balloons every where. In the middle a big balloon shaped 20 was placed with a big bow tie beneath it. Small table with silver table cloth was placed in the corners for food. It looked amazing, I can't believe a bunch of stern businessmen did this.

"What reason are you going to give Sal to bring him home." Joy asked. "I don't need a reason." Jem said waving his hand and pulling out his phone. He swiftly moved his long fingers on the screen and placed it on his ear. Jazz grabbed the phone and clicked 'speaker', holding it in clear view.

We all surrounded the black iPhone 12 Pro Max in a circle, ready to see how this conversation turns out.

"Hello." Sal's voice spoke. I think he was outside in a quiet place, all I could here was the wind rustling.

"Sal, come home." Jem said directly in his cool yet sharp business tone.

"Why is everything alright." He questioned. I knew it was a bad idea on not deciding a reason.

"Come home Salvatore, and don't question me." Jem said darkly, the voice which no one can disobey. Maybe he didn't need a reason.

I could literally hear Sal gulp, Jase was about to burst out laughing but Marco covered his mouth. "Okay, I'll be there in 10." He said and cut the call.

Jason burst out laughing and the rest followed. "Okay, so everything is set right." Jazz asked. "Ya, we do it the classic way, lights off and surprise." Joy said, screaming into Jem's ears from behind.

"Jade Clara Gordano, you are going to make me deaf one day," Jem said rubbing his ear. "You said this since I was four, James." Joy said rolling her eyes. We heard the car pull through the driveway, wow, he sure was fast.

"Okay light's off, everyone hide." Enzo said waving both his hands. We all scattered in different directions around the hall. I hid behind the couch with Mason who was bouncing up and down like a child on Christmas. "Mase, shh." I whispered as the light flickered off. He pulled me to his chest and hid his head on the crock of my neck to stop him from laughing.

"Hello." Sal's loud voice entered the hall. "Where is everyone." He muttered to himself and switched on the lights. "SURPIRE." We all came out from our hiding spot and yelled. "Ow, Jase my toe." Leo whined after we yelled. "Right, surprise." He added after we all stared at him.

"Wha- wow." Sal exclaimed with a confused look which was soon lit up with a huge smile. "You remembered." He whispered. "Of course we did idiot." Joy said and hugged up. "Happy birthday, big bro." Jase said and gave him a bro hug, you know with the shoulder and all. "Thanks little bro." Sal said and Jase scowled at him.