Chapter 17

Third person's POV.

The Gordano siblings watched in disbelieve as their little sister threw her bag on the floor and ran outside. Perfect silence enveloped the room and no one dared to break it. It took Enzo everything not run after her and comfort her. 

He absolutely adored his little sister and he was overjoyed to have her back. He was shattered when his mother was forced to take Jess and run away. He loved his mother with everything but more than that he loved his little bundle of joy. 

It took him years to get over the fact that he might never see his mother and sister again, but also it turned him cold as ice. When he saw Jess again he remembered the nights when they both used lay on their mother's lap as she sung lullabies. He remembered running after her in the garden along with the others. He remembered the how they used to mess the kitchen while baking cookies.

As the flood of happy memories hit him, he was also scared. Scared that he will again loose Jess forever just as he lost his mother. Scared that if he opens up, he will have to go through the pain all again, which he knew he couldn't.

He admired his little sister's strength, how she still smiles when she is going through all this. He admired how she saw the ray of hope in everyone. He wanted her to open up to him, he wanted her to be the same Jess she had been. The one who used to tell him everything while he stroked her hair. But the fear he didn't know he had, turned him to the monster he was.  

"What just happened." Jule whispered after a few minutes. He knew Jess was a ticking time and that would blast any second with the amount of emotions she bottled up. In fact, he wanted her to lash out her emotions at everyone. But he didn't expect it to be this deadly, he didn't expect her words to shake all of them.

Joy was shattered. She wanted to be the best older sister to Jess. She didn't want Jess to hate her as she does now. Jess's words played in her mind like a broken record. Was she that bad, was she really a devil.

Jase knew this was coming, he knew how it feels to bottle your emotions and lash out on everyone, that's what he does. He was happy that she his gave a piece of her mind to Enzo, he had been behaving like a asshole recently. He knew that Joy was hurt but he also knew that she will get over it.

Jem was happy that his sister took out her emotions but he was also angry. Angry at himself for not being able to make her happy. Angry that he gave her more pain that she already had. He didn't know what to do. Jess was a mixture of all of them. She hade Enzo and Jase's anger. Sal and Jule's carefree and kind nature. She was delicate in the inside like Joy and had courage and strength like Jazz and himself.

"Give her sometime but call her before dinner, she is probably in the garden or the stables." Jem said and the rest nodded. Just in time Jazz and Sal entered with smiles on their faces. "Is this a family meeting we are not invited." Sal asked as he saw all his siblings scattered in the kitchen.

"What's wrong." Jazz asked genuinely concerned, as she observed her siblings tensed features. Joy and Jase narrated the entire incident that happened and the newcomers listened with wide eyes. Jazz went and hugged the twins as she knew how they felt. Joy was more than glad for her sister's warmth and wrapped her hands around her tightly, while Jase was just happy to be in his sister's arms. 

Sal was glued to the floor and watched all his siblings carefully. He felt sad for Enzo, he knew that his brother was hurt inside and that what Jess said added to it. The siblings made their way to the living room and dropped themselves on the couches. 

"So um how was your day." Jule asked trying to lightened their mood. "I have an idea." Joy exclaimed standing up abruptly. Everyone's face turned to Joy as her face lid up. "Remember when Jase was mad, I don't when 'cause it's hard to keep track. But anyway, we baked a cake to light up his mood, why don't we do that now." Joy said excited. "I'm not always mad." Jase protested and everyone rolled their eyes.