Chapter 14

Jess's pov

I laid on my bed and exhaled a sigh of boredom. I was busy absorbing my plain white celling when I heard a knock. "Come in." I said in a low voice, fixing my gaze to the door. Austin popped his head in and smiled lightly.

I sat up straight and gave him an welcoming smile. "Hey I just wanted to check on you." He said and made his way forward closing the door behind him.  "Austin can I ask you a question." I asked.

"Sure peanut, go on." He said and sat beside. "Peanut." I asked lifting my brows. "That's what I used to call you when you were a baby." He said with a smile. "You used to know my as a baby." I asked. "Yes, me, Dylan and Rose." He said and I nodded.

"You were asking." he said.

"Oh yeah, why does Jem hide his emotions." I asked turning to him, hoping that he will answer.

"It is not wise for a business man to show his emotions. You must not show others your weakness." He replied.

"Yes, but why doesn't he shown them around us. We are family, we have to trust each other right." I asked.

"Yes Jess, Jem has witnessed a lot heartless acts, it's hard for him to show himself to others." He replied.

"Who did those heartless acts." I asked curiously.

"Heatless people." He replied, his eyes darkening a bit.

"Who are those heartless people." I asked, surprised by his patience. 

"That Jess, is not for you to know." He said and I gave him an disappointed look. 

"Okay, I will in the guest room finishing up some work. Call me if anything is needed." I said and left my room.

I sighed in defeat and feel back in my bed. What to do, what to do, I thought. The Library, yes that's exactly where I'll go. I'll pay a visit to the secret room. 

I got back, grabbed my phone and ran to the Library. I smiled widely at familiar sight of book. I walked to the big black book and shifted it out of it's place. Immediately the sounds of chains turning filled the room and the secret room was revealed.

I smiled widely and walked inside. By the condition of the room, someone was here recently. I inhaled the rusty old smell and made my way to the table in the middle. 

A huge book was kept open and I subconsciously my fingers traced the pale light page. The text was in completely different language. A face of a dark black wolf which had lunatic blood red eyes was situated in the middle of an empty page. Blood was dripping it sharp yellow white teeth.

'кровавые волки'  was engraved in the end of the image. The picture looked more like an symbol. I'm pretty sure that it's written in Russian which is different from the other content in the book.

I ran my figures over the symbol and I am sure I have seen it somewhere but I don't know where. I open google translate and typed the word in Russian. 'Blood Wolves' that's what it means. Blood Wolves, it kinda makes sense judging by the eye color and the blood on it's teeth.

I decided that I should search more about the blood wolves  later and stood up. I walked towards the armor. I still can't figure out why they have a freaking 17th century armor inside the house. 

I ran my hand through the cold metal and edged every curve of it in my mind. There was something engraved in the chest of the armor. I narrowed my eyes to see it more clearly. I have seen this also somewhere. 

My locket was swigging in my neck and it was irritating me. I held it in hand as I continued observing the engravement. I softly ran my hand through the locket and I felt some curves. I knitted my eyebrows and brought the locket to my view.