Ronnie

Walking to the office I keep myself moving. I'm just lucky, I didn't see him die. But now more work for myself, since I now need to find a better man to be my right-hand man. Walking into the office I grab my walkie-talkie. 

"Meeting now!" I say in a yelling matter. I hear a 'Yes ma'am' and an 'on my way.' I lay my head on my desk and try not to cry. The door opened slightly, and my men walked in. 

"I called you all in here to tell some grave news. Damon is dead. He has shot only a few seconds ago. So with him gone I have no right-hand man, with Marcus gone, I don't know what to do but find a new man." I said I straightened my back and looked at them all. "Dion's daughter is here, I would hope that all of you will be on your best behavior," I said as I walk out of the room and back into the bedroom, I see nobody in the room. I grab my gun and get ready for any kind of intruder. The bed moved and I froze in my place. I walk to the bed and uncover the body that was in it. Once uncovering the body I see that it was just Lili, she looked so peaceful, calm even. 

I let out the breath that I was holding, I then walked to my dresser. Getting undressed and placed my gun in a safe area. Once placing it down I got dressed for bed. Turning around I looked at her and smiled. She has been through so much tonight, more than anyone else who has been here. She has seen death and watched death happen. She had to see a dead body in one night now in a year or required readjusting.

Walking back to her I look down at her and rub her head, and play with her hair. She moaned in her sleep, making me jump. I go to the closet and pulled out an extra blanket that I had and then the pillow from my bed and placed them both onto the couch and laying down I felt the pain of losing a good man and a close friend settling in. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and then another one. Soon I started to cry even more. The tears soaked my pillow, I covered my mouth from being too loud. I haven't cried this much since he died. Dad, how long has it been since you've died? How long has it been since I've seen you? I look at the locket once more before sleeping. 

"I've been looking at this old rusty thing for years now," I said as I closed my eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

                                                                                       ***

It's so warm here. I like it here. The warmth is so nice. Opening up my eyes I see the sun, looking around I see the ocean.

"The beach?" I asked as I looked around. I stopped short when I saw a figure that looked like a man. I stood up and started to walk to the figure. I placed a hand onto his shoulder, keeping my guard up. The man jumped and turned around and I see my father. He smiled down at me and I smiled at him, tears rolled down my face and I smile up at him. He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped my arms around him. 

"Hey, there my Gold." He said I held him tighter. 

"Hi, Dad," I say as he chuckled his voice vibrating all over my face and throughout his body. 

"I'm so sorry for leaving you at such a young age, my Gold." He said and I only shook my head. 

"No, no you don't need to apologize," I told him and I could feel him smile. 

"I hear you have fallen in love." He asked me and I froze. In love, no I don't love. Lili is, a girl. I find her pretty, but I'm not in love, I mean I can't be in love. Can I?

"Lilianna, right? Dion's daughter?" He asked and I froze once more. 

"Dad, this job can't have me falling in love. I don't love." I said pulling away and looking at the scenery once more.

"Oh but, you are my Gold, you are in love." He said. 

"How?" I asked. "We've only known each other for only a few days, no longer than that," I told him and he only chuckled. 

"Love at first sight." He said. "Love can happen in so many different ways. I mean I fell in love with your mother when I was a young lad." He said and I smiled. 

"Well, you and mom weren't like me," I said.

"Like you how?" He asked. "In love with a girl?" he asked.

"Yes, well no, I mean, ugh, attracted to girls," I said. 

"Well, I'm attracted to girls. How does that make you any different? My Gold, you are so much like me, even if you're not blood-related." He said and I smiled. He turned me around and looked down at me.

"My Gold, you are so important to me in so many ways. I love you so much." He said. 

                                                                                         ***

Waking up I felt like I was being held underwater, I gasped when I opened my eyes. I felt a weight on my body. I look down to see Lili. She was curled up in my arms. Weird, when did she get there? I felt her hold me tighter when I moved. Sighing I placed a hand on top of her head and run my finger through her hair. The soft hairs tickled my fingers. I look away from her. I smiled and undid her arms from my waist and carried her to the bed and placed her into the bed. Covering her with a blanket there was a knock on my door. Opening the oak door I looked to see who was there and I see that it is Marcus.

"Marcus? What are you doing here." I asked him and as he looked down at me.

"I came here to discuss the passing of Damon, you see, they found his body in the hotel room. They're going to bring him here and they want to do a proper burial." He said. I nodded my head.

"Very well," I say as I was about to close the door. But he stopped it. 

"I would also like to discuss the replacement for Damon." He said, I looked down. "He was all but in training and then suddenly he becomes full-time?" He asked his voice started to raise I didn't want him to wake up Lili. 

"Come let's talk in my office, shall we?" I asked him as I led him to my office leaving Lili to sleep some more.