Lilianna

It has been about 12 months since I've seen Ronnie and I started my job at Victoria's Secret. It has been, so far, a breeze. Coraline and Cathrine have helped me through everything and I have had the best time since I was hired. 

"Oh! We should go out and get drinks!" Coraline said. We're planning a Christmas party. "Then the club!" She finished. Cathrine and I just looked at her and smiled. 

"That's a thought, Coraline," Catherine said as she looked at her twin and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"I was thinking about renting out a room at the Bellagio," I said as I looked at the twins. "It was just a thought," I said. The twins smiled at me and Coraline ran to me and embraced me. 

"You are the best boss!" She said as I felt her rub her face on my arm. I looked at her twin and she had only shaken her head. I wrapped my arms around her and chuckled a bit. She looked up at me and then an idea grew in her.

"Can we get the room tonight?" She asked. I looked at her and smiled.

"No, not yet, the room will be ours in a few days, the 11th till the 17th. Then we have a break." I said and the three of us squealed. Just then the phone rang we looked at each other confused. I placed it on speaker.

"Hello, thank you for calling Victoria's secret we have a sale for winter lingerie and even a winter collection for yourself or someone you know," I said the mouthful. Knowing that when Maggie calls she speaks first before I can. 

"Hey, it's me." A female voice answered I was about to press the hang-up button till I heard her voice once more, "please don't hang up. I just want to talk to you." She finished. 

"I'm sorry but I think you've called the wrong number," I said and hung up on her. I heard a 'please no' from her but I ignored it. 

"Weird, and I thought that I got weird calls," Coraline said as she stood up from my arm. I chuckled, hopefully, next week will be fun and I'll forget about her. 

"Anyways so, I'll pick you two up on the 11th okay?" I asked and they both nodded. It was Thursday so this Saturday will be the day that we get the party and forget all about this year. "Oh before I forget, please wear something sexy. If you don't have anything we'll just have to go shopping." I said in a sad tone knowing that we loved it when we just didn't care for money. Sometimes you need one of those days. They laughed at me and nodded once again, leaving my office. 

                                                                                          ---

The drive home was nice and quiet. All but the engine that roared in my car. Pulling into the apartment complex I smiled excitedly for this weekend and the week. I looked over and saw a black Cadillac. The door opened and out came Ronnie. I rolled my eyes and I ran to the door, her not fallowing that far behind. Just when I was about to close the door she was holding it open with her hand. 

"Why the hell are you avoiding me. It's been 12 months. How long does it take to talk to your father?" She asked me as I backed up to the kitchen she followed.

"I did talk to my father," I said to her and she looked at me surprised. 

"When? Today, yesterday?" She asked once more. 

"12 months ago," I said coldly. Ronnie stopped and just looked at me.

"So what took you so long?" She asked me and I just stood there. "Lili, what took so long?" She asked me this time slower.

"I got scared," I said my voice shakey and a tear left my eye.

"Scared? Scared of what?" She asked me. I looked at her knowing that my face was tear-stained.