Ronnie

As I greet everyone, I notice that Lili wasn't with me. I looked around and I looked at the entrance and when we made eye contact she smiled and walked away. It took me a second to see if it was her, but when she came back she motioned me to follow her. I smiled and followed her. I said my goodbyes to the many men and women around me. As I ran to her I heard her giggle. She turned the corner and when she did I could see the end of the dress that she was wearing. I growled in frustration and when I turned each corner that's was I followed, the end of her dress with a few giggles from her. She goes through a door. I walk into the door and when I do I see that she is standing in a balcony room. The bed was in the center of the room. No windows could be seen, only arches that shoes the night sky the moon was full and the light from the moon shined into the room illuminating Lili's body. She unzipped her gown letting the fabric cascade down her body. 

She walked to me slowly and I backed away from her my back hitting the door and I lock it. Once she was in front of me she looked up at me and leaned forward to kiss me. I leaned in to kiss her back and once our lips touched all of my worries left me. The thought of trying to find a way to tell her about who I am, who her father was, everything left me. I felt so safe in her touch. 

When we separated, I look down at her body. She was positively breathtaking, everything about her was amazing her touch, her voice, everything! I take her hands and place them on either side of my face. Kiss her hands, and then I start to cry I don't know why I am even crying.  but the tears don't stop.

"Please put your dress back on," I say through my tears. She looks at me confused and then she nods her head. She picks up the dress and puts it back on. I am still crying as she is doing this, I don't understand why I am crying. 

"Ron? Is everything okay?" She asks her voice is soft and sweet. I fall to my knees and tears start to roll off of my cheeks, my chin, and my nose. "What's wrong?" She askes me. I feel like I'm on fire, my heart hurts.

"I don't know. I don't know." I repeat this to her, and each time I do I get angrier and more depressed.

"Come one let's go home." She says as she unlocks the door and steps out and I follow her but I hide my face. As we walk through the hallways and doorways we make it to the entrance. She nods to someone but I don't know who. We get into the car and she places my head on her lap and I feel sleep come over me.

                                                                                          ***

When we woke up I notice that I am in my room. In my bed. I look around and see no Lili. I curl up in my covers and let the blanket cover my face as I let the darkness consume me. There was a knock on the door and I didn't say anything at first but I groaned when the knock started again. The door slowly opened to reveal Sean.

"Sean, what is it?" I ask him, and he looked at me shocked.

"Um, I came to tell you that I drove Miss Lilianna home. As you instructed" Sean said. I shot up and looked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well, Miss Lilianna, told me that you instructed me to take her home." He said and I nodded my head.

'Why would he want to go home after what just happened?' I think to myself. Sean left my room and I was left all alone. But I had to go see her. 

                                                                                          ***

I make it to Lili's apartment, and I can hear someone crying. As I walk in I see her on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and on the television was a movie with two people standing in the rain yelling at each other.

"Hey, Ron." That was all Lili said to me. I look at her dumbfounded, and I walk to her and paused the movie. "Hey! Why did you do that?" She asked me as she got up.

"We need to talk," I said to her and I could tell that she was worried. I took a deep breath and sat down next to her. 

"Lili, I need to tell you something. It's very hard for me to say this and I have no idea why. I don't know why I was crying last night. I just, I don't know. But what I have to tell you is completely insane. And you may not even believe me." I say raising my head not knowing that I had my head down the entire time I spoke to her. I took a deep breath and I looked at her. 

"You see I'm a businesswoman. I run many businesses." I said as I looked at her. Her eyes were filled with confusion and worry. But there was something else in those eyes. 

"Ronnie, what's going on?" She asked me when I had paused for too long just looking at her. I groaned.

"Why is it so hard to talk to you?" I yelled at her questioningly. She jumped at my question. "Why is it when I look at you that my mind just goes blank?" I asked her once more becoming more frustrated. Lili placed a hand on my thigh. She took a breath and then I felt myself crying. 

"Aw, fuck, this is embarrassing, this is the second time you've seen me cry," I said with a sniffle. Lili giggled at me a small bit I could tell she didn't mean to. I turned to her as she grabbed a box of tissues and then handed them to me. When I didn't take one she took one and began to wipe my face down. 

"Have you ever been in love before?" She asked me I only shook my head. She sighed and then began to speak once again.

"Well, one of the signs of love, or being in it love, is not being able to speak to someone. There are many other things. But that is the most common." Lili said as she rose to her feet and sat on my lap, "another sign is that you can't keep your hands off of each other." With that she kisses me and that night, neither of us got sleep, and I finally knew what I was feeling for Lili.