Ronnie

I leave the room that Lili was in, and went to my office. Once I walked in I went straight to the cart that had my alcohol bottles. I grabbed the bottle that had my scotch in it, pouring it into a glass. I walk to my desk and sit down in my chair. There was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," I say as I looked at the mountain of paperwork that I had to get done. Looking up I see Marcus. 

"Ma'am, after tonight I'll be leaving once again I assume that he will keep you company for the time being. I'll send someone to train him more on this matter." Marcus said as a younger man stepped out from behind the door. 

"Marcus, I think that he will, thank you," I say as I stand up from my desk and walk towards the two men. I placed a hand on Marcus's shoulder. He nodded his head and left the room, leaving for a second time and probably won't be the last.  Looking at the younger man he stiffened up. I smiled as he looked nervous. 

"You, won't be working for me. I have many men to hire, you, I'm afraid will be working for a young lady. My young lady. She must be protected at all times and watched." I say as I looked at him his face confused. "I can see that you are confused. I'll take you to her, now she won't stay with us for long. But I assume that Marcus at the very least told you about her." I said as I started to walk and turned around to see him.

"Um, no he didn't." He said.

"Oh, I should ask, what is your name?" I asked him.

"It's Sean, Sean Hill." He says. I thank him as we make it to the room that she was staying in. I knock on the door.

"Lili, can I open the door?" I asked as I heard a thump and then a silent shriek. I chuckled at the sound. "Must have scared her," I say.

The door opened and there revealed Lili, her hair half curled and the half straight.

"Hey, Ronnie. I was in the middle of-" She looked at Sean, who was standing next to me.

"Lili, this is Sean. He'll be your bodyguard. He'll do everything that you ask him." I say as I look down at my watch. "Oh dear, Lili I'll see you at dinner. The driver will know where to go and I'll explain everything to Sean. Continue getting ready; I'll see you then." I told her and she nodded her head. I smiled and she closed the door.

"Okay, I am going to a banquet, it will be receiving money and an award for my job. Well, my cover-up job, but she doesn't know that. Just take her to the building. Kyle will know where to go. Now, I must go, stay here and see if she needs anything, okay." I say as I walk off.

When I walk out I look up to the window where she was. I can see her curling her hair and sing to herself. I smiled at the sight. I step into a car and went on my merry way. 

***

Arriving at the building that was hosting the banquet. When I enter the building after the car was parked I was stopped by Dion and Samuel. I groaned under my breathe as Dion started to speak.

"I see, that you are here, where is my daughter?" He asked.

"At home, she's getting ready she'll be here soon," I say with much venom in my words. He glared at me. "Dion, she doesn't know what is to happen how please take your henchmen and leave me and her alone. I'll be talking to her later tonight." I say as I followed the hostess to my table. I sit down and she gave me the menu. When looking over the menu, I hear people gasping. I look up to find everyone was looking at the entrance. I followed suit, looking at the entrance my eyes widened when I see Lili there. In the red dress that I gave her. 

I rose from my seat

I rose from my seat. I started to fix myself up. She arrived at the table the hostess also gave her a menu. 

"You look beautiful," I say to her. "I'm so glad that the dress fits you." I finished as I smiled at her.

"Thank you." She laughed a small bit.

After a few seconds, a waiter came to take our drink order. 

"Good evening, ladies, my name is Tomas. I'll be taking care of you two today." Tomas said as he looked at the two of us. "Now for drinks. We have a special of red wine, white white, or even for fountain drinks; we have coke products." He said as he looked at us once more. 

"I think red wine would fit this evening, don't you think?" I asked Lili and she looked at me and smiled. 

"I guess so." She said as I nodded at the waiter. He left the table and I looked at Lili as she looked over the menu. She looked scared, as she looked at each meal.

"Lili, don't worry about the price," I say as I looked at her. "Oh, and you are not under any circumstances getting a salad as a meal," I said as I looked at her. She looked at me in surprise. She had only nodded her head at me. The waiter walked back with wine glasses, a bucket of ice, and the red wine that was being chilled in that bucket. He poured some wine into our glasses and, then he was ready to take our orders.

"May I interest you in tonight's meal of the day. Due to the celebration Cheif Kain has prepared a delicious sirloin with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. And a side salad; garden or any other of your choice." He said. I looked at Lili and she was still looking at the menu.

"I don't think we're ready yet, my apologies," I say to him and he only shook his head, understanding the situation, and he left to tend to the other tables.

"If you were hungry, you could have ordered," Lili said as she looked at the menu. I shook my head. I looked over the menu myself.

"Lili, I don't want you to feel pressured to do chose something and not like it in the end," I said as I placed a hand into her's.