𝒬𝓊𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃ℯ ℰ𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃

To anyone who can't read the title. It says 'Quarantine Edition.'

Plus, DOUBLE UPDATE Y'ALL!

You set a hand on the glass, frowning ever so slightly when you looked through the glass door from the balcony, sighing, you closed your eyes to cover your vision to not look at the peaceful look of the sea beside the beach house; Steven who was on the bed looked away from his phone's screen and smiled sadly at you.

"Still missing the outside?" Steven asked, setting down his phone beside him and stared at your back.

You turned around and sighed, nodding sadly as you pouted. "Uhm. It's been a year we've stuck in here and I miss the sands between my toes. I know that it's for our safety but..."

Steven smiled again at you and spreads his arms wide open before engulfing you into a warm hug, pulling you down with him so that you both are laid down; you giggled at the ticklish sensation when Steven started pouring your face with kisses, you wiggled in his embrace as you giggled further at the ticklish sensation.

Steven then stopped, letting your head land on his chest as your ear abruptly but falsely hear his heartbeats that seemed to speed up, Steven sighed in slight frustration, knowing how you feel about spending the rest of the year inside of the house while the Gems got to go outside without any problems.

It bothered the humans that Gems didn't get affected by the virus and it seemed unfair, but it also made sense since they weren't human nor hybrid like you or Steven, so they accepted their fate and stayed in the house while the Gems do the patrols to make sure everyone stayed inside.

You thought it was generous of them to do so, taking care of people without taking anything for return, it warmed your heart deeply to Gems care for humans very much just like how everyone cares for each other.

Steven rubbed his thumb on your back, pulling you closer to his chest as he hears your calm breathing; when the first time Steven heard about the virus surrounding the world, it worried him as he wanted to try and find the cure, but he stopped and rest when you begged him to do so, his heart swells in the happiness of how much time he could spend with you and making it -nothing more- with you more often when the Gems are out.

He loved every second of it and never would trade it with anything else, he loved when you hum softly while cooking breakfast for two, he loved when you brushed your hair in front of a mirror while peeking at him now and then, he loved when he could snuggle and made you the little spoon all day long and just take naps which is very unhealthy for the hybrids; he loved every second of the time that was spent with you.

It felt like just the two of you in the world like an old married couple just chilling in the house to avoid death and reduction of population.

Was it weird that Steven wanted to marry you? To propose to you as soon as possible?

Maybe not.

"Steven. Are you asleep?" you asked, head tilting upwards to meet Steven's neck and chin.

Steven smiled warmly and hugged you tighter, he felt himself blushing again. "No... Just thinking..." Steven replied, huffing through his nose.

You looked at his chin for a few seconds and began to lift your body, arms supported your upper body from falling on Steven as you caged him under you; both of your eyes met and you could see the warm look you love, without any thoughts, you returned the warm smile, made Steven's cheeks blushed further and his heart skipped a bit.

You always managed to get his heart on doing millions of hops a day, and it hurt.

But he loves you, so it doesn't matter.