𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒻ℴ𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ

You walked through the gates of Little Homeschool with a bright smile, your arms wrapped around books and stationaries as your legs dragged inside of the school; your eyes roamed around, looking for the familiar green coloured skin Gem, you hummed while you're searching but then halted your legs before skipping your ways towards your teacher.

Peridot was using her power to lift a pile of metals towards Bismuth's way in ease with a tongue stuck out her lips; you smiled and continued to approach your teacher, Peridot hadn't noticed your presence as she was too focused on her duty and was a bit startled by you softly called her name.

"Peridot! Good job for today!" you complimented and looked down to the green Gem.

Peridot turned around, releasing her powers and set down the metals gently before turning to her student with a wide smile. "(Y/N)! Early per usual, I see! How's Steven doing?" Peridot greeted.

You hummed and softly smiled. "He's doing well. His plants are organically growing and I'm proud that he found his passion. He even named a (F/F) as my name! I found that incredibly sweet." you answered.

Peridot smiled. "That's great to hear. Everything went a bit off ever since Steven drop out of Little Homeschool lately. It just doesn't feel right without Steven being here."

You smiled sadly at your mentor and nodded along with her, simultaneously let out a sad sigh with her. "But I think Steven do need this break, I mean, after everything that is. He seemed a lot relaxed recently so I'm happy for him."

Peridot set a hand on your arm and pat it. "You're right, we shouldn't be so selfish." Peridot stated. She used her power and lifted herself -with a cap of metal trash bin under her feet- and floated towards a pile of junk; you walked along with her as you examined the junk stood in front of you, you hummed. "Now, (Y/N), my sweet and young student. What can you do with this waste in front of you?" Peridot tested.

Your eyes scanned the junk and hummed, tapping your chin with a pen rapidly before looking back to your mentor. "Recycle?"

"I'm amazed by the way you think of saving the world as many ways as possible, but that's not it. As an engineer or whatever architecture is, we have to think out of the box to create something amazing out of these. So, your first-ever test, what is the most suitable thing to do with these?" Peridot questioned.

Suddenly, you felt pressure on your shoulders and head, as if the question was as hard as convincing White Diamond that Steven wasn't his mother. Your body slightly shook as you think. "Um, birdhouses?" you asked.

Peridot hummed and tapped her him while glancing at you before she smiled widely. "Brilliant! I've never seen this birdhouses and I'm excited to see you make one! That's your test for today, (Y/N). We start out as simplest as we can."

You bowed to her. "Thank you, Peridot."

Time Skip

You plopped on your bed, letting out a huge relief sigh that you had been keeping from Little Homeschool; your body was aching and your head was pounding as if someone squeezed your head rapidly, you closed your eyes, enjoying the moment while it lasted.

"How's your first week of studying in LH?" Steven who was beside you asked while reading the novel you suggested a few hours back.

You turned your head to him and hummed. "Pretty swell. I learned how to make birdhouses." you told.

Steven closed his book -with a bookmark sticking out of the pages- and looked at you, you looked so tired in his eyes and it seemed that your body is sore that you can barely move away from the bed; Steven chuckled and pecked your forehead before picking you up bridal style and walked downstairs.