𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ

After getting Amethyst once more, Amethyst, Spinel - who had finally calmed down from all of the tears, Steven - who still carried your bridal style - ran to the Beach City to investigate the injector that had reached its liquid above half, slowly made others concerned to when it had reached to its end.

You didn't want to make any ruckus no more and just sit tight while Steven carried you all the way to the Beach City; and of course, you kept insisting that you could walk but stopped once Steven had finally reached in the middle of the town.

Spinel's hand was still tightly held into yours as you weren't letting it go anytime soon, you just couldn't bear to see Spinel getting hurt or cry or scream in pain, you wanted to protect her at all cost, especially better than who had hurt her in the past.

While Steven was running, you could clearly see the beads of sweat on his forehead as it tripped down to his chin, his breath was cut short every here and then and his legs seemed to be shaken violently to how long he had been running and holding you at the same time; you couldn't help but felt guilty, if only you weren't that weak, you could possibly be running with him right now; you noted yourself that after all of this problem came to an end, you will practice twice as hard, triple even.

Slowly, the sight of crowds was seen, everyone had their terrified and worried face even though they had probably gotten worse than this.

Steven put on a halt as he reached beside Mayor Nanefua, panted heavily as he tried to take his breath that had lost earlier; Mayor Nanefua who stood beside Steven, also had her own worried face, it made you concerned as well.

"Steven, what is going on here?" Mayor Nanefua asked in concern, you could sense a tone of panic in her voice.

Steven didn't look at Mayor Nanefua who looked at him, and just kept on staring at the injector that still remained its liquid above half, gulped painfully as his throat was as dried as a desert; his arms shop violently to how long he had to hold you in his arms, almost got you to fall multiple of times.

"I'm not sure, but I'll find out. Let's open up the shelters; we might need to evacuate" Steven informed the mayor which Mayor Nanefua only nodded onto it before Steven ran off again to the injector to inspect it closer.

Amethyst and Spinel followed Steven, close behind him so that none of them will be lost; Steven gave all of his might to run all the way from Beach City till the green field that used to be yours and Steven's favourite place to hang out, panted heavily once he arrived there, seeing that Peridot, Lapis and Bismuth already there with some machines belonged to Peridot and her calculations.

When Steven ran up the hill, you noticed that the grass and the flowers slowly dying, they all seemed to be gloomed and slowly lost its colours; somehow, you wondered if you would lose your colours too, you had these concerns ever since Spinel arrived.

Steven, Amethyst, Spinel and you had finally reached behind the three best friends of yours, looked at the injector that got bigger insight, you gulped silently at the terrific sight of it.

"Lapis, Bismuth, Peridot!" Steven yelled out, tripped onto his legs, you and he crashed to the ground with Steven on top of you and you were in the bottom.

You looked at Steven in concern; Steven was coughing and gasping air at the same time, his eyes held a bit amount of tears, his body shook violently in tiredness and his nose kept of sniffing as his nose was running.

You cupped Steven's face gently, made him looked at you with those tired eyes of his, eyebags could be found under his eyes, circulating them with perfect purple semi-circles; your eyes teared up at the sight of him, he looked like he could pass out anytime soon and it was your fault for being weak, you couldn't always depend on him to protect you always.