𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎

YO, BEFORE YOU READ, TRY GUESSING WHAT EPISODE THIS IS! NO CHEATING! (If you give up, then you can read it ^^)

"How clumsy can you get? Hitting your cheek and grazed your jaw on the sink is the clumsiest thing you've ever done," Steven scolded softly, checking the bruised cheek you had when you were at the rollerskate place.

You pouted, looking downwards. "Not like I intended to."

Steven chuckled, grabbing one of your hands in his and rubbed your knuckles with his thumb. He used his free hand and used it to tilt your head upwards to meet his brown eyes. He smiled at this. "I know. You need to be more careful in the future. Even after I told you to be careful, too," Steven sweatdropped.

You nervously laughed, scratching the back of your nape anxiously; after the scene you had witnessed just a few hours ago was still as clear as glass and it had been bothering your mind too, you knew that you shouldn't be pressured by this but your mother's words make it impossible.

You'll lose him.

Her words still in your mind, lingering around and made you wondered how that problem should be solved; but what scared you the most was that you can get rejected too if you confess, and the thought of heartbroken is something you didn't want to feel yet.

You shifted on Steven's bed, the pyjamas had lent you was what you wore for the night; you had called Jake to apologise that you had not stayed true to your words and had to stay at Steven's and not back at Carra's, Jake didn't mind about it but you were concerned of your brother since when he spoke, he was breathless and there was some whimper coming from the other side of the call, maybe he was crying that Jamie couldn't make it or something like that; you didn't ask and just wished him goodnight which he didn't reply and just ended the call, making you wonder further.

Your attention was brought back to Earth when Steven pecked your bruised cheek gently, but it still made you flinched. When he retreated, you gave him a sheepish smile. "T- Thanks," you thanked him, smiling.

Steven shrugged. "It's no problemo. What kind of wounds can't be heal when Stevie is here, right?"

You giggled. "I like your optimistic self, it's adorable," you complimented.

Steven pouted at this, his chubby cheeks puffed as he jokingly getting angry. "What? Am I not cute if I'm not being optimistic?"

You laughed and pecked his hand, letting his palm rested on your now healed cheek, you sighed through your nose. "I'm kidding," you answered, eyes fluttering close at the warm touch you received from Steven's hand alone.

Steven blushed at this but he was trying hard to not lose his cool, instead, he looked at the bed and laughed nervously. "S- Should we get t- to bed?" he asked nervously, stuttering at the process, his body was stiff.

You nodded at his suggestion, crawling to the side of the bed you always slept on and laid there, covering yourself with the blanket as you purr at the warmth hitting you almost immediately; Steven followed suit and crawled towards his spot, but not before he grabbed extra pillows and shove it between you and him.

You raised an eyebrow at his action, using your right elbow to support your weight. "What's this for?" you asked, your hair slumped on your shoulders.

Steven gave you a small smile as he patted the pillows in between, sitting at the spot he always sleeps in the same bed as you. He rubbed his nape."I just thought that you might feel uncomfortable if we're just straight-up sleeping closely to each other. So, yeah..." he answered anxiously, gulping his words as he glanced at the pillows to not make eye contact with you.