➳ chapter one

"I think I'm gonna grow some grey hair waiting for you to come down, Minhee

"I think I'm gonna grow some grey hair waiting for you to come down, Minhee."

"Have some patience, brother!"

Minhyung rolled his eyes as he detaches himself from the wall he was leaning unto. He was sure they're going to miss their first class in ten minutes, and it takes ten minutes to walk to their school.

What can he do to his sister who seemed to be taking the side of a turtle by how she moves this day? Exhaling a sigh, he locked the door after Minhee head out, tugging on the straps of her backpack.

"Let's go," the older said.

"Should we get a sandwhich from the shop?"

"NO!" Exclaimed Minhyung, causing the girl to jolt on her feet. "We're already late."

"Jeez. Fine."

It's another year. A different place. A new start for the siblings. Minhee swore she would be as productive as she was before they arrived in Seoul. And this is just one step towards that goal.

The students they passed look painfully different than the ones they had in Canada. And so the new girl could not seem to think she would be used to this. Uniforms. Short skirts and neckties.

And cute guys, too.

Not that she was paying attention to them. Well, you could say she's appreciating some gentlemen they pass by, but of course, she wouldn't tell her brother. Or else, she would get another good scolding before they even reach the building.

"Are you sure you can go by yourself?" Minhyung worriedly asked.

"Of course! What am I, kindergarten?" The latter scoffed. "Maybe you're the one who can't go by yourself." She smirked in which her brother raised her a brow.

"Excuse me? If I remember it clearly, you're the one who peed—"

"Great! Bye!"

Off she ran to her homeroom and left Minhyung dumbfounded. He could only breathe out a sigh and walked, that turned to a run, to his class upon remembering that they're already late.

"Welcome, students, to another school year. I am Mr. Kwon, your homeroom slash adviser slash Science teacher. I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful time together throughout the 10 months."

Darn it, Minhee! Though fidgeting and nervous, she knocked on the door, making their teacher, she supposed, turn his head to her direction.

"Oh? Are you perhaps the new student?" He said as he neared her. All the students looked towards the door where she's standing and it made her even more nervous.

Maybe she should have told her brother to take her with him.

It's okay, Lee Minhee. They look like nice people. And you have a handsome teacher, too!