➳ chapter sixteen

Simultaneously clicking the click pen he's holding, Jaemin slightly smashed the bottom of the pen on the table as he clicked his tongue

Simultaneously clicking the click pen he's holding, Jaemin slightly smashed the bottom of the pen on the table as he clicked his tongue. They've been on it for 45 minutes but he's already bored out of his wits.

Minhee flickered her eyes up to him and raised a brow before concentrating back to checking a worksheet Jaemin answered a while ago.

"Look, this has been fun and all," Jaemin started, boring his serious orbs on her. "But can't we take a break? I've been sitting the entire day, I can't feel my butt anymore."

Minhee cleared her throat, ignoring his whines. She marked a lot of wrong on the paper and Jaemin sighed upon seeing it.

"I want to eat. Don't you wanna eat? You haven't eaten anything today too, right? Yeah, a snack would be good."

She perked up at the third sentence he spewed, curious as to how he knew that. "How did you– were you stalking me?"

His eyelids relaxed as he pulled off a straight face. "Princess, if you aren't aware, your table's not that far from mine. And everyone could see that ugly frown on your face from a mile away."

The girl scoffed. "You don't know anything."

"Enlighten me then." Jaemin planted his elbow on the table and placed his chin on his intertwined hands, an irritating grin plastered on his face. "Come on, what's gotten you all grumpy, huh?"

"None. Of. Your. Damn. Business." She muttered under her breath, exasperated at the boy for distracting her.

"Oooh, feisty little princess." He cooed.

Minhee glowered at him to which he didn't easily back down and even met with the competition. He leant in, orbs locked on hers. Minhee could feel his breath fanning her lips. Minty.

Minhee felt exposed for a second before she pushed him on the chest, hard enough to make him fall his back on the backrest of his chair.

An annoying smirk played along his lips and Minhee almost groaned in annoyance. That Jaemin saw in her expression that she best controlled. He chuckled at this and raised his hands in the air with a smug expression.

"Look, I just want to grab something to eat. If you won't feed me, I'll make you my meal then." His voice went a pitch lower, vibrating in his chest.

"Woah there, Casanova. I'm not a food and surely you're not a cannibal." The 16-year-old lass raised her brows in slight surprise and disbelief. "There's a lot of food out there, all yours to take."

"Exactly." He stood up in a snap, his chair creating noise against the floor which made the librarian shoot a glare at him, but he didn't care.

"Now should we go get a Happy Meal? Or what? What do you want?"

***

Apparently, Jaemin did buy a meal in McDonald's. It looked like a whole meal for the entire day. One Big N' Tasty, 2 cheese burgers, large fries, 8-piece chicken nuggets, a large cola and a medium-sized apple juice. Minhee gaped at him and his appetite.