➳ chapter seven

"You didn't tell me you're going to tutor that guy?"

Minhyung spoke as he and his sister prepared the table for dinner. They have just gone home and their grandparents arrived not that long after them as they closed their cafe early.

Placing the plates properly on the table, Minhee glanced at the older. "I just forgot to tell you." She calmly repeated her earlier reply.

After gathering the pairs of chopsticks to be used from the drawer, Minhyung faced the younger and halted, narrowing his eyes at her with a disapproving look. "Be careful."

"What now?" Minhee groaned, knowing her brother's warning tone all too well. Surely a sermon was about to follow.

"I'm just saying, Mae." He spoke in English. "It's not just a false accusation that that boy is a player. Mae, he is a player. Pretty sure you know his antics by now since you're classmates with him." His round eyes widened at the thought that hit him. "Has he ever tried making a move on you?"

"No!" She replied defensively, gaping at her sibling, appearing so offended that Minhyung arched a brow in amusement.

"You better make sure of that," he scoffed a chuckle. "Be grateful Mom and Dad's not here."

"And so what if they're here? It's not like I'm dating that boy." Minhee rolled her eyes in vexation, snatching the chopsticks from the older's hands and placed them on the sides of the plates.

The lad only scoffed at her reply as he could not fully trust mere words, knowing that her student is not one bit trustworthy.

"Hey, hey, no fighting!" Their grandfather came in the kitchen, hearing the exchanges of the two. He sat on the center chair and, their grandmother came in as well.

"We're not fighting, Harabeoji. I'm just telling Mae to be careful."

"You're so sweet, Minhyungie." Their grandmother pinched the boy's plump cheek, causing him to flinch. "My heart warms seeing you both taking care of each other."

She then settled next to her husband and removed the lid of the pot that is on the center of the table.

A wondrous gasp left her lips at the sight of the delectable Kimchi Stew. "You two cooked this?" There was an evident proudness in their grandmother's face that elicited a smile from the two teens.

"Credits to YouTube, Halmeoni." Minhee giggled that was followed with a bunch of laughter from everyone.

"Let's eat, let's eat!" Their grandfather was beyond excited to try the cooking of his grandchildren though Minhyung admitted that he only cut the ingredients and let Minhee do the rest.

"Wow, I'm actually surprised I made this." The girl mumbled to herself.

"It's so good, Minhee." Their grandmother praised, earning a shy grin from the girl.