➳ chapter eight

"Jaemin-a, come on

"Jaemin-a, come on." Donghyuk grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder right after the bell rang. Their last period was English and Ms. Jang dismissed the class but stayed by the doorway, bidding the students going out goodbye.

Frowning, Jaemin did the same as he took a glance of Minhee speaking with their teacher.

"I can't."

Donghyuk's brows creased. "Why not?"

"I have tutor, remember?"

"Is this tutoring thing going to be daily? Way to spoil our fun." The boy rolled his eyes at his friend's words. "It's just for today, can't you ditch her?"

"I can actually. But look," Jaemin nodded towards where Ms. Jang and Minhee were, to which Donghyuk followed. He sighed in disappointment and faced his friend again.

"It's not everyday we get to hang with the hyungs, Jaem."

Jaemin released a heavy sigh and carried his bag from its hook. "I know," he said. "I'll try to make it if we finish early."

"Well hurry up."

After reporting to their English teacher what happened during the first meeting with Jaemin, Minhee received a smile of appreciation from Ms. Jang.

"If you need any materials in teaching, you can always ask me, okay?" Ms. Jang said to which the lass nodded her head at.

"I actually wanted to ask if I should provide him quizzes? Should I make my own or give him the same quizzes we had from this quarter?"

"The quizzes we had are already recorded. Maybe I can give you a different set of quiz depending on the topic you finished, a practice exercise for him. You just have to pass to me all the work sheets he finishes."

"Alright, ma'am."

Ms. Jang rested her hand on the girl's shoulder and smiled. "Thank you, Minhee." The latter returned the smile.

"Now go. I think he's already waiting for you." The teacher looked past Minhee, making her secretly release a sigh.

Her friends had left early for their respective clubs that had practices for the upcoming event in their school, leaving the new girl with no company that could somehow distract her from the stress she's about to face with Na Jaemin.

Here we go.

Bowing to Ms. Jang as the teacher left the classroom, Minhee faced her back and was taken aback when she found him right behind her, towering her frame. Jaemin stayed indifferent at the flustered expression on her face and spoke.

"Well?" He raised a brow, slightly intimidating her, but Minhee did not let her shield around her falter.

She poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue in slight annoyance. "Aren't you too enthusiastic in learning," she said before turning her heel towards the exit of the classroom. "Let's head to the library."