➳ chapter twenty-one

A whistle resounded across the court, the first player to serve was Geurim

A whistle resounded across the court, the first player to serve was Geurim. All eyes were on her as they anticipated a successful, high serve which she didn't disappoint. As soon as the ball crossed the net, the rally began. For the first term of the game, they were pretty relax as the players were only warming up on their opponents. Geurim didn't seem to appear fazed by the intimidating towering players opposite them; she was confident. The players rotated and it was now one of the junior's turn in Geurim's team to serve. From her peripheral view, Minhee saw Sooji crossing her arms over her chest, all of her friends did not seem that interested to watch all of a sudden.

Minhee guessed that that junior was one of the lazy players Geurim was pertaining earlier.

The referee whistled and it was not already a surprise when the junior failed to let the ball pass the net.

"Woops." Jaemin said. He was seated next to Minhee, on her left. "Geurim's players could pass as rivals themselves. Look at how that girl glares." He pointed at the sophomore girl behind the junior, to which Jeno trailed with his eyes and let out a low chuckle.

Geurim, despite her disappointment, nodded at the junior signalling her that it's fine.

Minhee, noticing that her brother hasn't shown up since lunch break, craned her neck behind in search of him. Jaemin automatically dawned his gaze on her, then on her twintails that swept behind her shoulder due to her movement. She looks neat with that hairstyle, she looks like a toddler, she looks cute, he thought.

His eyes flickered back up to her eyes and inquired what she was looking for.

"My brother." She replied without sparing him a glance, still roaming her orbs on the bleachers, narrowing them at the male seniors she found at the far end of the vicinity. Eventually, she gave up and faced front as she failed to see Mark around.

Checking the time on her wristwatch, Minhee found that it was turning 4 in the afternoon. She still has 30 minutes remaining before she can leave for her shift at their cafe. Classes were dismissed early because of the sets of games for the intramurals. Jaemin noticed this as her movements couldn't be missed. She looks like she already wants to leave by the way she couldn't sit still.

A whistle chirped again, indicating a short interval for the game. "Do you have any plans this coming break?" Hana faced her.

Minhee hummed as she thought about it. "Mhm. Nope. Why?"

"Come with us, then." The former beamed, excitement dancing in her eyes as she clutched on her friend's arm. "My birthday's coming soon, and we're planning on throwing a sleepover at our vacation house in Busan."