➳ chapter six

As Minhee was just preparing her things after the bell rang, signaling the students' dismissal, she glanced at Jaemin who's laughing at something Donghyuk said to him

"It starts today, right?" Geurim asked, slinging her bag over her shoulder whilst waiting for Minhee to finish.

An exasperated huff. Minhee nodded as she zipped her bag close and strapped her bag on her shoulder. "Hope he cooperates like what I told him to do."

Turning her head towards the back part of the class, Minhee bored her eyes on Jaemin's frame that was busy talking with Donghyuk. The two boys shared a fit of laughter as Donghyuk threw a slap at his friend's shoulder.

"Good luck to you, child." Geurim chuckled, patting the girl's head.

"Don't leave me~" Minhee whined, shaking her shoulders, attempting to use her cute antics to make her friend stay.

"What are you doing?" Geurim's face went blank upon seeing Minhee's show in disbelief. "Sweetie, you've got to stop." She held the girl on both her shoulders, not wanting any more cuteness to be shed off.

"Stay~ don't leave me here all alone, please?"

Shoulders slumping in defeat, Geurim agreed without any more complaint. It would actually be concerning if she leaves the new girl alone with the infamous playboy. That's just, disturbing. Her conscious would never let her be.

"Fine," she said, earning a triumphant cheer from the latter who even threw her fist in the air. "But I'll sit far from you two. I don't want to get involved."

A pout played in Minhee's lips, but nonetheless, they've solidified their agreement. Soon, the room was only left with a few students who were in charge of cleaning.

A little later, Minhyung stood outside his sister's homeroom. He was waiting for her to come out as he always made sure to pick Minhee up and walk home together. The senior's figure caught Geurim's attention and she tapped Minhee's shoulder.

"Your brother's here,"

"Huh?" Minhee flickered her eyes on the opening of the window facing the hallways and saw her brother motioning his hand to come out.

"Doesn't he know you're tutoring today?" Geurim asked and they proceeded to heading out.

A sigh escaped from the latter's lips. "I must've forgotten to tell him."

When they reached the door, Minhyung sent a nod at his sister's friend then bored his eyes on his sibling.

"Let's go,"

"You go ahead, Oppa. I'll stay behind,"

Confusion painted on the boy's face. "Why?"

"I have to tutor someone. Forgot to tell you earlier,"