➳ chapter four

"Bye!"

            "Bye!"

Minhee giddily closed the door behind her, light wind blowing her face as she stepped outside and greet the horizon with a pleasant face.

She had completed her tasks that morning just to have her free time to spend with her friends. Today was that day they planned to hang out.

She wore a simple outfit—her favorite green sleeve and cream oversized hoodie and denim square pants, over her shoulder a sling bag her mom bought for her on her 15th birthday.

A buzz from her pocket momentarily brought her to halt on walking to the bus station where they agreed to meet up. Taking out the device, she expected a text from one of her friends, but only her brother's name was printed on the screen.

Mork
don't forget to buy watermelons on ur way home

Seriously. Mark and his watermelons.

The teenager tossed her foot as she waited for one of the girls to show up. She checked her phone from time to time to check the time until she felt a clung on her arm.

"Minhee! You're here!"

A bright smile plastered on her face as she found herself engulfed in a hug by Hana. Behind the short girl was Geurim who waved at her.

"Sorry, we're late," Hana shyly pouted, taking a good look at her friend with gleaming eyes.

"Yeah, guess what made us late," Geurim deadpanned, earning an eyeroll from the young lass.

"I have to look good of course! This is our first time to hang out with our Minhee hmm?"

Minhee giggled at her words, letting herself get dragged to sit down on the bench as they wait for the last person to arrive, Sooji.

As they wait for her, they spent their time discussing where they would head, the stores they wanted to visit. When they were just about to talk about how awesome food are waiting for them at their destination, a tap on the shoulder of the girls caused them to bounce behind to look who it was.

Sooji beamed at them as she stands on her usual outfit, similar to Minhee's but hers was in black. They soon hopped on the bus that just arrived on scheduled.

Minhee and Geurim sat together whilst Hana and Sooji occupied the seats from behind them. The short girl's laughter didn't fail to catch the few residents' attention with them, added with Minhee's shotgun-like giggles. Surely, the girls brought a gush of noise in the bus.

"Let's eat first, shall we?" Geurim looked at the girls' eyes for approval.

"Yeah, we should." Minhee agreed.

"We have a long day, after all. Can't do anything with an empty stomach," Sooji added as Hana nodded.

Minhee drew her eyes outside, the trees on the sidewalks emitting a pleasant smile on her face. And as another scenic view came into sight, her smile grew wider. It was like a beautiful painting touching her heart.